Breakdown cover starting is Spain. (1 Viewer)

MJL

Free Member
Apr 17, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversation
Exp
New
Hello all, bit of help please.

I came down to Spain earlier this year and I am returning to the UK in a couple of weeks.
My Breakdown cover has expired which didn't matter because the M/H has been in storage.

I am struggling to find some cover that starts in Spain, for the journey back.

Anyone got any ideas? Thank you.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Ive been searching for that and a few websites ask me to check this box if i have already broken down, not sure why they do that. it must be possible to arrange it as i just had the documents emailed to me.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Cant see why it would matter where you are, are you looking to restart the expired policy?

That might be simplest, but as above if you are not broken down cant see what the problem will be, ours would automatically renew while away

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ive been searching for that and a few websites ask me to check this box if i have already broken down, not sure why they do that. it must be possible to arrange it as i just had the documents emailed to me.
it's generally aimed at car drivers who make up the biggest percentage of members, and they do that as you aren't covered for recovery for the first 24 hours and in some instances no cover at all for 24 hours.
Think about it... You're hundreds of miles from home and need recovering, that's going to cost hundreds privately so you pay maybe £100 to join a breakdown club just to get recovered immediately..
OK, some would leave the box unticked and wait the 24 hours, but many won't and would pay privately..
It's to prevent people taking advantage of the breakdown company when they wouldn't normally bother having cover.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
This is possibly a really dull answer.
What is stopping you phoning your insurance breakdown cover. Does it matter where you are? I have never been asked where I was when ordering cover.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
A pal with a breakdown firm told me that many folk seem to rely on the breakdown cover rather than have their vehicle serviced regularly, or at all. Most policies state that in the event of a call-out they may require evidence of regular servicing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back