Free Member
Jul 28, 2009
Solihull West Midland
Funster No
MH
demountable
Exp
since May 2009
I thought I posted this earlier but can't find it now the question is I want to buy a sat nav the one I will get must be able to program the size of my motor home in. There are 2 that I have seen but I am undecided 1. snooper s7000 Ventura or the pronav pnn200 this pronav is on special offer to c&cc members at £219.99 with free Western Europe pack as well comment please

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Personally I would stick with a Garmin.
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Satellite-Navigation-Caravans-Vehicles/dp/B002KDTHEA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277051061&sr=8-1[/ame]

.VMax

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The main problem with "large vehicle" sat navs is that the road width data on the map databases is not sufficiently detailed.

The software won't (or at least, shouldn't) send you down a road which is flagged as too narrow but if the road width is unflagged the software has no way of knowing whether it is wide enough or not.

Save some money and go for a Garmin plus a printed road atlas to enable checking.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I thought I posted this earlier but can't find it now the question is I want to buy a sat nav the one I will get must be able to program the size of my motor home in. There are 2 that I have seen but I am undecided 1. snooper s7000 Ventura or the pronav pnn200 this pronav is on special offer to c&cc members at £219.99 with free Western Europe pack as well comment please
Are you purching this type because you belive it wont send you down narrow and unsuitable roads
WRONG!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back