LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I realise this would be a road less travelled but has anyone any info re road conditions, motorhome friendly etc?

If anyone has been through in their MoHo I would appreciate your comments as we may go this way from Greece to Croatia.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Your really travelling around Europe now. Good on you two (y)

Hope you are having a ball.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I realise this would be a road less travelled but has anyone any info re road conditions, motorhome friendly etc?

If anyone has been through in their MoHo I would appreciate your comments as we may go this way from Greece to Croatia.

You've survived your meal then :LOL:.

Can't help with Serbia, sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
You've survived your meal then :LOL:.

Can't help with Serbia, sorry.
It was not nice but we survived. Kept waking up expecting to be ill.
FB_IMG_1525590982591.jpg

Mr Milliemobile

Funster
Sep 9, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2014
We drove through Serbia and Macedonia in 2015 going to Greece. It was fine roads mostly good in the north further south a new road was being built which is now finished. This was make the journey far easier.
We didn't stay overnight but stopped for lunch. There were sign for camp sites, we stopped of at the border with Croatia where there was a camp site.
Nige

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Sandra, trust all is well with you two. Mena and I considering Greece for 2020 (Back to Moroc next winter) and Busman Dave & Maggie will be snaking their way round there soon. (We may seek information from you after you have completed your trip).
May I ask how you dealt with insurance when driving through non EU countries? Is it as simple as getting a Green Card! Anyway, have a great adventure and we look forward to you both having a wonderful time. Mena said those fish have better nashers than me ! Safe Journey.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We drove through Serbia and Macedonia in 2015 going to Greece. It was fine roads mostly good in the north further south a new road was being built which is now finished. This was make the journey far easier.
We didn't stay overnight but stopped for lunch. There were sign for camp sites, we stopped of at the border with Croatia where there was a camp site.
Nige
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. We cross from Greece to Bulgaria today and should be going through Serbia in two or three days time.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Sandra, trust all is well with you two. Mena and I considering Greece for 2020 (Back to Moroc next winter) and Busman Dave & Maggie will be snaking their way round there soon. (We may seek information from you after you have completed your trip).
May I ask how you dealt with insurance when driving through non EU countries? Is it as simple as getting a Green Card! Anyway, have a great adventure and we look forward to you both having a wonderful time. Mena said those fish have better nashers than me ! Safe Journey.
Hi Phil

Looks like you and Mena have been having a great tour too.

We asked our insurance company to issue a green card for all the countries we might decide to go through. The only ones they wouldn't include, that we could of done with, was Albania, Montenegro and Bosnia, which would have given us a shorter route to Croatia.

I am a bit apprehensive about Bulgaria and Serbia, but hey ho, we do like a path less travelled now and then!

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dave @Snowbird is your man for Bulgarian info.

No worries in Bulgaria. The roads have improved tremendously in the last few years. Campsites are are bit primitive compared with the rest of Europe. The Serb border can be a bit hectic and there will always be a huge line of trucks waiting to cross, but ignore them and drive past to the front as they are getting transit papers stamped.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Watching this with interest ! Have driven as far as Porec and Krk in Croatia but am seriously thinking of driving to Bulgaria end of May next year.
Will probably take a similar route but come back via the Chezck republic and Poland,Germany ect back to Calais.
Any advice re route, sights, stops ect. would be much appreciated, ditto re insurance for these countries.TIA

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Serbia is find if you stick to the main routes. There is a funny aire on the forecourt of a furniture shop in the Belgrade (Biograd) if you want to explore. Not recommended to go into the SE (Kosovo) that the Serbians consider part of Serbia but no one else does. Surprised by tha amount of English spoken by the younger generation. 2016 went though to Macedonia. Fine dual carriageway most of the way that looks as though it will be completed in next fee years. Weird 24hr truckstop/hotel with an aire where it petters out old road onwards best taken slow and in daylight.

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Watching this with interest ! Have driven as far as Porec and Krk in Croatia but am seriously thinking of driving to Bulgaria end of May next year.
Will probably take a similar route but come back via the Chezck republic and Poland,Germany ect back to Calais.
Any advice re route, sights, stops ect. would be much appreciated, ditto re insurance for these countries.TIA
Us too so this is a useful thread. Thanks.
Steph

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
A couple of weeks after we return home from this Germany jaunt we will be nipping down to Istanbul for an engagement party. Am hoping the Serb borders will be less busy at this time of year. Will let you know in a few weeks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back