Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
A member of our Spanish forum has requested information on the following company:

Link Removed

They are based at:

NSH SALES
40 Townshend Road
NW8 6LE
London

Tel: +44 2032394783
Fax: +44 20 7117 3071
email: nsh@london.com

If you check their web the prices asked for used motorhomes - all left hand drive -is "unbelievable". :whatthe:

Link Removed

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

Would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Momo.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
haha, Peter you can buy our Conversion Van (professionally done) if you like , very smart indeed and very well insulated looked after by hubby from new ...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
haha, Peter you can buy our Conversion Van (professionally done) if you like , very smart indeed and very well insulated looked after by hubby from new ...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok taking those vans prices as a benchmark it would be about 40% of its retail value!

Get my point?

Peter

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Off to Spain see you soooon :ROFLMAO: Even the car prices are reasonable

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Thanks for input.... :winky: ... but is there somewhere where I can lodge an official complaint?

What do you do in a case such as this? :Angry:

Thanks for any suggestions. :roflmto:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
The Royal Mail business finder search does not list the company quoted.

Additionally if you look on google, Townshend Road appears to be a residential street.

I have looked at the google satelitte view and can see no motorhomes in Townshend Road.

Looking at google maps street view it shows 40 Townshend Road to be a residential house.

Hope you find this helpful

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Thanks for input.... :winky: ... but is there somewhere where I can lodge an official complaint?

What do you do in a case such as this? :Angry:

Thanks for any suggestions. :roflmto:

Metropolitan Police, Fraud Squad

or

Action Fraud
General enquiries
200 Grays Inn Road
London
WC1X 8XZ
Tel: 0300 123 2040
email: info@actionfraud.org.uk
Web: www.actionfraud.org.uk

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
A member of our Spanish forum has requested information on the following company:

Link Removed

They are based at:

NSH SALES
40 Townshend Road
NW8 6LE
London

Tel: +44 2032394783
Fax: +44 20 7117 3071
email: nsh@london.com

If you check their web the prices asked for used motorhomes - all left hand drive -is "unbelievable". :whatthe:

Link Removed

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

Would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Momo.

This is very much like a set up that was going around last year I think, they try to get people that live abroad to pay a sum of money to send the motors over to see them before you pay them the full amount about 4 people on a site here in Spain were court out and never got there money back, I am not saying that this is the same company but i would go very carefully here.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
spoke to the Met today.

Apparently Momo you need to report this to the Spanish Police or your local police. They will then pass the information on to interpol.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
This may help you....

company name: 102 LIMITED
telephone 01736 840616-07607 105503
address 40 TOWNSHEND ROAD, LONDON, NW8 6LE

company name: WIMO REALITY LIMITED
telephone 01225 754198-070 0911 7711
address 40 TOWNSHEND ROAD, LONDON, NW8 6LE, NW8 6LE

United Kingdom:
Lara Saunders
IFS Corporate Services Limited
40 Townshend Road
London
NW8 6LE Tel:
Email:
lara@interfis.com
www.interfis.com

Tax Adviser to the Company
International Fiscal Services Limited
40 Townshend Road
London NW8 6LE
last updated on 21/05/2010

JOHN BLACKWOOD HODGE & CO LIMITED
Registered No. 00387627
40 TOWNSHEND ROAD,
LONDON,
NW8 6LE

PROJECT MANAGEMENT & TURNKEY PROJECTS LIMITED
Registered No. 03265053
40 TOWNSHEND ROAD,
LONDON,
NW8 6LE

Lowesmoor Holdings Limited
Registered address:
40 Townshend Road, London, NW8 6LE UNITED KINGDOM

SPITFIRE DANCE LIMITED:
Registered no: 03173849
Registered office: 40 Townshend Road
London
NW8 6LE

Its also been discussed on the Dark Side

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
The owner of the domain :

Reverse Whois:"II Hosting Media" owns about43 other domains Email Search: is associated with about 33 domains
Registrar History:4 registrars with 3 drops. NS History:25 changes on 17 unique name servers over 3 years. IP History:27 changes on 10 unique name servers over 5 years. Whois History:223 records have been archived since 2007-08-13 . Reverse IP:45 other sites hosted on this server. Log In or Create a FREE account to start monitoring this domain name DomainTools for Windows®

Now you can access domain ownership records anytime, anywhere... right from your own desktop! Download Now>
Registrant:
II Hosting Media
K. Donelaicio 62-412
Kaunas, 44248
Lithuania

Domain Name: HOSTEI.COM
Created on: 12-May-09
Expires on: 12-May-11
Last Updated on: 12-May-09

Administrative Contact:
000webhost.com, Hostmaster
II Hosting Media
K. Donelaicio 62-412
Kaunas, 44248
Lithuania
+370.868545152 Fax --

Technical Contact:
000webhost.com, Hostmaster
II Hosting Media
K. Donelaicio 62-412
Kaunas, 44248
Lithuania
+370.868545152 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.000WEBHOST.COM
NS2.000WEBHOST.COM

Regards

ShiftZZ

Chani

Free Member
Mar 26, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
The owner of the domain :

Reverse Whois:"II Hosting Media" owns about43 other domains

A hosting company owns about 43 other domains. That's not really a surprise, is it? I probably 'own' about 75. Doesn't mean I'm a crook!

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A hosting company owns about 43 other domains. That's not really a surprise, is it? I probably 'own' about 75. Doesn't mean I'm a crook!

No, of course not. But I always do a WHOIS look-up on domain names when I smell a rat. If the domain name is registered to someone based in one of the "funny" countries, such as Lithuania, then caution is immediately called for. Likewise, if they only have a mobile phone number, steer well clear. And if the company is not very well known and uses a non-geographic number - 0845, 0870 or 0871, then be cautious. This is a good way of avoiding being traced. I tend to boycott any company that uses such numbers in any event.

Anyone can use the WHOIS sites (Nominet etc). Start by Googling "whois" and then follow your sense. Always an interesting exercise.

Another warning. British companies, registered at Companies House, are required under the Companies Act, to show their registered address and registered number on all correspondence. This extends to their web sites and emails. If a company does not show this information on their web site you should wonder why. Often it is just through ignorance and they should correct it.

Any company taking money "off the page" and who is registered for VAT, must also show their VAT Registered number. This is part of the Distance Selling Regulations.

In my view, any company that does not follow the law in one part of its organisation is just as likely to ignore legal obligations in another part. The danger is assuming that, just because someone can put up a web site that looks good, they are a genuine organisation. Anyone can make a small enterprise look like a very big one. And and a crooked one look honest.

Chani

Free Member
Mar 26, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
No, of course not. But I always do a WHOIS look-up on domain names when I smell a rat. If the domain name is registered to someone based in one of the "funny" countries, such as Lithuania, then caution is immediately called for. Likewise, if they only have a mobile phone number, steer well clear.

Using WHOIS is fine. However in this case apparently relevant parts had been highlighted, but the the number of domains owned is not relevant.

And if the company is not very well known and uses a non-geographic number - 0845, 0870 or 0871, then be cautious. This is a good way of avoiding being traced. I tend to boycott any company that uses such numbers in any event.

Many moons ago I used an 0870 number for my business, before BT started selling call packages and leaving the non-geographic numbers out. Why? Because if my landline number changed (as it may have at that time) I could simply change where the 0870 forwarded to the new number, but keep my business number the same. Nothing fishy about that. 0845 was originally designed to keep calls cheap wherever you called from. Again, nothing wrong with that either.

Anyone can use the WHOIS sites (Nominet etc). Start by Googling "whois" and then follow your sense. Always an interesting exercise.

Another warning. British companies, registered at Companies House, are required under the Companies Act, to show their registered address and registered number on all correspondence. This extends to their web sites and emails. If a company does not show this information on their web site you should wonder why. Often it is just through ignorance and they should correct it.

Yes, and I won't deal with someone who doesn't have their contact details available either. It actually isn't just Ltd or Plc which that applies to either. ALL businesses should have their details clearly displayed.

Any company taking money "off the page" and who is registered for VAT, must also show their VAT Registered number. This is part of the Distance Selling Regulations.

In my view, any company that does not follow the law in one part of its organisation is just as likely to ignore legal obligations in another part. The danger is assuming that, just because someone can put up a web site that looks good, they are a genuine organisation. Anyone can make a small enterprise look like a very big one. And and a crooked one look honest.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Registrant of the web address is Jorge Antonio Bravo Diaz in Madrid

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Using WHOIS is fine. However in this case apparently relevant parts had been highlighted, but the the number of domains owned is not relevant.
Actually I didn't say it was relevant.

Many moons ago I used an 0870 number for my business, before BT started selling call packages and leaving the non-geographic numbers out. Why? Because if my landline number changed (as it may have at that time) I could simply change where the 0870 forwarded to the new number, but keep my business number the same. Nothing fishy about that. 0845 was originally designed to keep calls cheap wherever you called from. Again, nothing wrong with that either.

Well "many moons ago" that was true, but things have moved on and we are talking about NOW. I have had my UK geographic number since 2004 and have moved office several times and am now in France - using the same Winchester number. It is a VoIP number which provides me with 10 extensions through a sophisticated PABX system (remotely based on a Linux server). And it is incredibly cheap. Any company can use VoIP, but most small ones don't because the technology is beyond them. The "premium rate" numbers are a rip off. Many reputable companies offer 0845 numbers and describe them as Local Rate numbers. That is a complete lie, of course. They are what are called "Lowcall Rate", which is not the same thing at all. The cost may typically be 4p per minute. I, for instance, pay only 1.2p per minute for UK calls and many people have packages that give unlimited calls - including mobiles. But the 0845 numbers may not be included in those packages and the charges can be quite high. As can calls to those numbers from abroad. It is rather like Tesco charging you 50p to enter their store to go shopping. How many people would be happy to do that?

In the past decent companies, with the need to be able to change their location and phone number, used 0800 "freephone" numbers, and they paid the call cost.

And non-geographic numbers certainly can be fishy in the absence of other detailed information, since it is a very good way of disguising the operational location, since calls can be diverted anywhere.

Chani

Free Member
Mar 26, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
Actually I didn't say it was relevant.

Well "many moons ago" that was true, but things have moved on and we are talking about NOW. I have had my UK geographic number since 2004 and have moved office several times and am now in France - using the same Winchester number. It is a VoIP number which provides me with 10 extensions through a sophisticated PABX system (remotely based on a Linux server). And it is incredibly cheap. Any company can use VoIP, but most small ones don't because the technology is beyond them. The "premium rate" numbers are a rip off. Many reputable companies offer 0845 numbers and describe them as Local Rate numbers. That is a complete lie, of course. They are what are called "Lowcall Rate", which is not the same thing at all. The cost may typically be 4p per minute. I, for instance, pay only 1.2p per minute for UK calls and many people have packages that give unlimited calls - including mobiles. But the 0845 numbers may not be included in those packages and the charges can be quite high. As can calls to those numbers from abroad. It is rather like Tesco charging you 50p to enter their store to go shopping. How many people would be happy to do that?

In the past decent companies, with the need to be able to change their location and phone number, used 0800 "freephone" numbers, and they paid the call cost.

And non-geographic numbers certainly can be fishy in the absence of other detailed information, since it is a very good way of disguising the operational location, since calls can be diverted anywhere.

I agree re. the VOIP. That's what I'm using now. Back then it wasn't available. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back