Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I don't do ladders or roofs any more ::bigsmile:and so have been wondering how to clean roof of our Van.
This will probably only work on smallish vans-we r 6mtrs-
I opened the centre roof window fully and using tall stepladders inside van placed a bucket of Fenwicks on roof,then fed hosepipe up there,followed my myself armed with telescopic handled brush.Standing on top step of ladders I felt like the commander of a tank :Smile: and was able to clean the whole roof with a bit of 'brush juggling' when it came to doing the front end cos I had to lean round the open roof vent. A quick spray with Bobby Dazzler which I loaded into a 5 ltr garden pressure spray and 'Job was a goodun' :ROFLMAO:

Mike.

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
Back it up to the garage car port (proper roof) and get onto roof, using long handled mop (Betterware) clean roof. Simple Tch!

Hallii

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Back it up to the garage car port (proper roof) and get onto roof, using long handled mop (Betterware) clean roof. Simple Tch!

Hallii

hallii,
You takin the Mick?....I can take it.
That's just how I broke me feet when the garage roof collapsed.
See Link Removed
John

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
through the roof light is a good idea but i may find it difficult to get to the front....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 85

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Thought you'd given up ladders?? Graham cleans our conservatory roof by taking the hose pipe upstairs and washing it from one of the bedroom windows so next time the M/H is back from storage I will do the same and clean the roof from Emilys bedroom window :thumb:

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Spray the van with wet and forget really works
I would not be happy using something formulated for garden paths to be used on my van. It may work but what are the long term consequences for the surface of van and graphics

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ah you see, your not reading up on your history. Some smart Alec decided that you shouldn't send kids up chimmerlies to clean them but forgot to include motorhome roofs, not that smart eh? What you need is a small child armed with all the cleaning materials he/she needs and send 'em up. Easy peesy innitt. For a not so small sum of money I will lend you my five years old grandson Harry. (y) :LOL:

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Are you being serious TeeCee?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can't go up through the rooflight on a Hymer they only wind up giving about a 6" air gap all round. I have get the ladder out then just walk on the roof.
Warning: Don't go up on the roof without your mobile phone, last year I caught the ladder with the hose and knocked it away I was stuck on the roof for nearly an hour.:)

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
No..sorry....was only joking! Have washed it once in past two years but as a 100% wimp couldn't wait to get down. And REALLY not looking forward to having a other go but it really does need doing.

Doobray

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 22, 2014
Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
I have been using wet and forget on my boat and van for 2 years I only spray it on at the beginning of the year as it removes any green fungus from the roof works fine for me

Big Lad

Free Member
Mar 9, 2015
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 570E
Exp
I work as a valeter, and our chemical supplier (Autosmart) introduced us to a new product called Activmousse. Its used through a short stubby jet wash lance which basically sprays it as a foam that clings to the motorhome.... you leave it for 5 minutes or so to break down the mildew etc... and simply jet wash it off.

Only really needs to be done to initally get the muck off but it certainly works.

Big Lad

Free Member
Mar 9, 2015
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 570E
Exp
Don't worry... I kept my distance on mine for that reason. It did the job, but I know what you mean

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Cheers BL...another solution for consideration ..TC

Join us or log in to post a reply.