Tesco and Euro Tunnel (1 Viewer)

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Have read and had considered doing this, but I find my Tesco's vouchers only last a month.
Me being a single grumpy my shopping doesnt come to astrinomical amounts.
My question is, How does one accrue sufficiant vouchers to exchange for said tickets.
Does that make sense:ROFLMAO:

Thanks Don

sutton133

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
One year
Simple, Don. Have five teenage kids, pay £500 a week for food, and once a year have enough points to get half the Winnie on a ferry. Sigh...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Have read and had considered doing this, but I find my Tesco's vouchers only last a month.
My question is, How does one accrue sufficiant vouchers to exchange for said tickets.

Thanks Don

Use your points card for fuel as well as shopping. At £70 a tank for the Nav, it soon adds up.
We'll be using this system for the first time this year after reading on here of so many people doing it and saving a bomb.
When we looked at how many points/vouchers we had, it turns out we have three times (ish) as many as we need.........without oven trying!:thumb:

OP
OP
Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Thanks for all the reply's.
The problem seems to be that even though I dont use the points, they are not included in the next points statement.:cry:
As my three Daughters are grown up my shopping bill is much reduced.:ROFLMAO:

Don

greyman

Free Member
Jun 10, 2010
Funster No
get the tesco credit card then not only do you get the points for the shopping , fuel etc but you get points for paying via the card ! you can even go and shop in a rival supermarket chain and still get some tesco points ! (1 point for every £4spent i think off the top of my head) . it soon mounts up !

R

reader

Deleted User
Like others, we dont spend much at Tesco but use our Tesco card for all CC purchases, you will be surprised at how quickly the points mount up and for the tunnel you get 4x face value so £25 worth of points gets you £100 towards your ticket.

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09

Thanks Don

Check the expiry dates on your vouchers again. Ours arrived last week and are valid until June 2012 - 2 years time.

greyman

Free Member
Jun 10, 2010
Funster No
i think you are confusing the promo vouchers (valid for a month to be used in store ) with the actual accrued points vouchers which are usually valid for approx 2 years . it is these ones that can be swapped for reward tokens !!

sutton133

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
One year
Jim

£100 per week each ???

what are you buying ..

It's not £100 each. I reckon it's about £10 each and the rest to feed my teenage son!

T

TomTee

Deleted User
Tesco's tunnel deal is terrific. I've just booked my second trip this year, which would have cost about £150 if I paid normally. We converted £40 worth of Tesco vouchers into £160 of Eurotunnel travel vouchers.

The trip hasn't cost us a penny, although it's fair to say that it's actually cost us £40 as we could have bought £40 of goods using the vouchers and we no longer can.

One good tip is not to ring the advertised number, which is an 0844 number and can end up costing quite a bit as you can be on hold for a long time in busy periods.

The normal geographic number is 01303 282061 (courtesy of 'Say No to 0870' website).

If like me you have a monthly contract on your mobile or landline, which allows you to call normal numbers at no extra cost, you pay nothing for the call.

We do our weekly shop at Tesco and buy fuel there, for three cars and the motorhome. My main car is a high-performance vehicle, which I must say, runs perfectly on Tesco fuel, as do all the others!

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Yes the points vouchers last for two years. As soon as they send the vouchers they come off your running total on the receipt but you can use them until they expire. I've just booked a crossing on the Eurotunnel at the end of August on a Friday afternoon. £96 crossing all paid for with £24 worth of vouchers. Fantastic!
Best wishes
Margaret

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
do you actually have a tesco's points card, have you registered?
I think you may be confusing points with coupons

OP
OP
Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Check the expiry dates on your vouchers again. Ours arrived last week and are valid until June 2012 - 2 years time.

Gee, and I have been throwing them in the bin, because of low value Doh.
I have just seen the expirery date on my latest voucher so I am now saving for next year. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Don

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
We had a voucher we found at the bottom of my wifes handbag (It's a black hole and some things get lost for years!! :winky: ) . On the very last day it was valid I traded it for eurotunnel vouchers valid for the following 6 months ::bigsmile:

Well worth knowing if you have some vouchers about to run out... now we have an excuse to have another trip to France....my wife hates waste

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001

And just before they run out ask Tesco to renew them - they did you us.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
get the tesco credit card then not only do you get the points for the shopping , fuel etc but you get points for paying via the card ! you can even go and shop in a rival supermarket chain and still get some tesco points ! (1 point for every £4spent i think off the top of my head) . it soon mounts up !

You are far better off getting a CapitalOne credit card which gives us 1p per every £ I spend anywhere.

Much better than 1 Tesco point per £4 spent as I get cash not points.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You are far better off getting a CapitalOne credit card which gives us 1p per every £ I spend anywhere.

fine if you pay the outstanding balance at each month end, but the interest will negate the points of you dont. :Doh:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Much better than 1 Tesco point per £4 spent as I get cash not points.

Spend at Tesco & you get 2 points for every £, currently, plus use them to cross the channel and you get 8 points for every pound, sounds like a no brainer to me.

If you catch the offer & spend £50 you can also get fuel at 5p a ltr. off, that's a total of 13% reduction off your spending, sounds good to meeeee. :roflmto:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Spend at Tesco & you get 2 points for every £, currently, plus use them to cross the channel and you get 8 points for every pound, sounds like a no brainer to me.

At the moment, we have about £110 in Tesco Clubcard vouchers (£440 in deals) and have just discovered that you can sell them for double the face value on ebay!

Anyone fancy a cheap crossing to France?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We use the Capital One credit card as has already been suggested to get cashback on that when shopping elsewhere, but use the Tesco card for purchases in Tesco supermarket and petrol station, plus on the Tesco direct website where you can often find vouchers for extra points - at the moment there are quite a few on there, one is for 750 extra points if you spend £100 or more - that's £30 in deals value, so your £100 shop only costs you £70!!! Also look out for special offers where you get X number of points if you buy a particular item - recently they were giving way 1000 extra points if you bought a child's buggy for £55, which meant the buggy only costs £15 as the 1000 points added up to £40 in deals, all you do then have to do is sell the buggy through the local free-ads at a reduced price, say £35, and you've made £20 profit. :Smile:

You can also accrue extra points by getting 'green' points - taking your own bags to the supermarket and you'll get 1 green point for every bag of your own that you used (you sometimes get more if the cashier is feeling generous!). You can also send in used toner cartridges (check the website for details of which ones they accept), for each cartridge they'll give you 100 points - there's a limit of 30 cartridges per year per household Same goes for mobile phones, you get 50 points for a non-working one, or 200 for one that turns on, there are rules on what you can send in though so make sure you read up fully before you do so. It surprising how much this can add up to! See below link:

Link Removed

You have to work the system to get the best out of it!!!!!!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back