• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD 2 x Perception Triumph 13 Kayaks (1 Viewer)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Do you have a fancy roofrack thing like @andy63 Or do you just pull it up from the ground ( what I'd planned to do)

You would benrfit from some gear to load a kayak on to a motor home roof... i know youer still a young fit lad but its still an akward thing to handle and then there is the possibility of damage to kayak or van..
You can get bars and roller systems which are a good deal cheaper than the loading system i have.. but im an old man .(y):LOL:
Andy

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Think laterally.

A good scan of ebay must come up with an electric motor drive -- e-kayak, way to go. You could modify an e-bike conversion kit. With the no friction of water and no regulations limiting power one of the "illegal" bike kits could get you 30 kts with ease.
I like your thinking Brian. However, the point of these particular kayaks is how quiet they are cutting through the water, no bow slap or noise at all. We can get really close to wildlife without disturbing them.

You have given me food for thought though!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You would benrfit from some gear to load a kayak on to a motor home roof... i know youer still a young fit lad but its still an akward thing to handle and then there is the possibility of damage to kayak or van..
You can get bars and roller systems which are a good deal cheaper than the loading system i have.. but im an old man .(y):LOL:
Andy
Yeah that system you have is spot on but I think your kayak is quite a beast.

Me being just an amateur newbie I wouldn't want to go to that extent just yet

I'd considered an inflatable one ...but with my luck and punctures I'd feel safer with something solid.

What sort of weight would you say was in one of these ones ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I want a kayak ...but till I swap vans for one with a roofrack I've nowhere to put one yet.

Never had one before and I'd been having a gander on eBay at sit on tops.

Do you have a fancy roofrack thing like @andy63 Or do you just pull it up from the ground ( what I'd planned to do)
We don't have a fancy roof rack andy63 style. We just haul them up on a rope, but the key thing there is - there is always two of us to handle them. Colin hauls them up while I hold them away from the van. Once they are touching the roof bars they slide easily onto the roof, they never touch the van at all. All the kit fits inside the hatches so goes up with the boats, then the paddles get strapped to the sides once up there.
IMG_0040.JPG(1).JPG

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
What sort of weight would you say was in one of these ones ?
I know mine is just under 30kg. Which doesnt sound like much but at over 5m long they are unweildy to handle..
Ill bet the kayaks that colin and sandra are selling are most probably at least that weight or even heavier... ive not checked..
Andy

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
The other good thing about these kayaks is there is space for our dog to come with us. She loves it.
20170611_124405.jpg

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I know mine is just under 30kg. Which doesnt sound like much but at over 5m long they are unweildy to handle..
Ill bet the kayaks that colin and sandra are selling are most probably at least that weight or even heavier... ive not checked..
Andy
Cool that's about what I'd figured.
I have to say I was going to opt for the leaning it against back of the van and then hauling up with a rope method.
Might need further investigation.
Although first step is to buy a motorhome that had a roofrack ha ha.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Andy
Not far off Andy, they are 27kg plus the seat which gets stowed in the front hatch when not in use.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
See now your selling it to me as that's what I want to be able to do. Jade wouldn't let me get one otherwise
One of greatest pleasures is to pack a picnic and paddle off away from all the busy beaches to find a little cove somewhere that most people cannot reach and let the dog run free, while we have an explore, eat, may be a swim or a snorkel. We then pick up any plastic rubbish we can fit in the back of the boats and go back to where we started from.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
One of greatest pleasures is to pack a picnic and paddle off away from all the busy beaches to find a little cove somewhere that most people cannot reach and let the dog run free, while we have an explore, eat, may be a swim or a snorkel. We then pick up any plastic rubbish we can fit in the back of the boats and go back to where we started from.
Well if by chance they are still for sale next
month I may take one of your hands.

I've got my eye on a burstner 625 harmony for sale in Scotland that I'm hoping to view as soon as I'm back ( it has the roofrack and ladder )

I'd been looking at new kayaks on eBay around similar price but like motorhomes you are often better buying a better quality second hand one than a cheaper brand new one and yours certainly look good equipment.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
@Armytwowheels
Will this make you twice as hard to spot 'on the road' with only one boat on the roof?(n)

Good luck with the sale, sorry to hear about your shoulder, old age will come to us as well, eventually:D

Make sure you get in touch when you are in our area of Spain, Lynne is looking forward to a catch-up.:wine:

D n L XX
There will be no boats on the roof Daz, we will be impossible to find now. The next one is an inflatable and will be stowed in the garage.

Yeah old age does come to us all, oh god I cannot believe I am saying this in relation to myself, I used to be invincible :crying:but the dreaded arthritis is setting in, particularly in that shoulder, following a cycle accident a few years ago.

We will be aiming to swing by and check out the new gaff just after Christmas if you are around then?

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well if by chance they are still for sale next
month I may take one of your hands.

I've got my eye on a burstner 625 harmony for sale in Scotland that I'm hoping to view as soon as I'm back ( it has the roofrack and ladder )

I'd been looking at new kayaks on eBay around similar price but like motorhomes you are often better buying a better quality second hand one than a cheaper brand new one and yours certainly look good equipment.
Fair enough.

We will be travelling south towards the end of October, otherwise loitering around the middle bit of England, somewhere or other.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I have to say I was going to opt for the leaning it against back of the van and then hauling up with a rope method.
Lol... you would make a right mess of the van doing that..
Helen and martin do similar mind but they do use rollers and a piece of carpet to protect the van...
Like you say.. you need a new van first.(y):LOL:
Andy

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Lol... you would make a right mess of the van doing that..
Helen and martin do similar mind but they do use rollers and a piece of carpet to protect the van...
Like you say.. you need a new van first.(y):LOL:
Andy
Yes the joys of solo travelling.
Although I've seen a few folk hauling them up there themselves so not entirely impossible

I'll get the van sorted first and then look at my options.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
And btw you will want one of these..
20180912_092515.jpg

Cause trying to hump a kayak up and down a beach when the tides out isnt easy either:LOL:.. especially if its loaded with gear for a trip.(y)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
And btw you will want one of these..
View attachment 254846

Cause trying to hump a kayak up and down a beach when the tides out isnt easy either:LOL:.. especially if its loaded with gear for a trip.(y)
Where the blazes am I meant to store that

The Indians just carried them on their heads

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Sorry sandra.. hope you dont mind all this trivial banter on your sales thread... but at least its keeping it up there...:D
Ill stop now(y) cause tam wont listen to whats been said on a gas thread thats running , so he most probably wont listen here either:LOL:
Andy.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sorry sandra.. hope you dont mind all this trivial banter on your sales thread... but at least its keeping it up there...:D
Ill stop now(y) cause tam wont listen to whats been said on a gas thread thats running , so he most probably wont listen here either:LOL:
Andy.
That's handy p

Yes sorry Sandra didn't mean to take over your thread.
If still available when I'm back home I'll be in touch.

@andy63 your a right cheeky sod :p

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
There will be no boats on the roof Daz, we will be impossible to find now. The next one is an inflatable and will be stowed in the garage.

Yeah old age does come to us all, oh god I cannot believe I am saying this in relation to myself, I used to be invincible :crying:but the dreaded arthritis is setting in, particularly in that shoulder, following a cycle accident a few years ago.

We will be aiming to swing by and check out the new gaff just after Christmas if you are around then?

We'll be here..... get in touch.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
These kayaks will have to go on eBay later today if there are no definite takers on here?

We have decided not to travel with them this coming tour and we have nowhere to store them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back