hymer B 544 engine power (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Hello can anybody help ? We have a cracking Hymer B 544 campervan in all respects except that the Fiat 2500 diesel (non turbo) lacks power when going up hills. Maybe i,m asking too much, but is it possible to get any more out this engine, with added turbo for instance?
Can anybody help?
thanks phil

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
hi turbo makes a dif but is expensive to get fitted tb turbos of preston if they still exist will give u a price.

Upvote 0

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Rip out the underpower engine and put in a V10 Ford Triton engine. :Eeek: :thumb:

I guarantee you wont have any more power issues ever again. But they only do about 15 mpg when strapped to an RV so you should get at least 20mpg even when doing 125 mph uphill with the tow car connected running into a 60mph headwind :thumb::ROFLMAO:

If you dont fancy that how about getting it chipped or re-mapped :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Rip out the underpower engine and put in a V10 Ford Triton engine. :Eeek: :thumb:

I guarantee you wont have any more power issues ever again. But they only do about 15 mpg when strapped to an RV so you should get at least 20mpg even when doing 125 mph uphill with the tow car connected running into a 60mph headwind :thumb::ROFLMAO:
Ill buy that for a doller:thumb:
Think it may be pre chipping technology on this one Daz:Doh:

Upvote 0

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
all depends how long you intend to keep it !
fiat have a joint venture factory in china and they make the 2.8 engines there
they still make the 2.8idTD which was used in europe for 1999-2003 , it's the same as the last 2.8 jtd but not common rail so should be a drop in fitment

they sell them complete , delivered to europe on a palette it's a 8041 series engine , I think it arrives with all ancillaries

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back