PVCs with four separate travel seats? (1 Viewer)

Big Adam

Free Member
Feb 22, 2018
Funster No
I’m 100% sold on the unusual four separate travel seats layout of the Wildax Solaris:

and have been looking for other secondhand models that have similar.
Have found the Auto-sleeper Windrush which has this layout but with two transverse rear bunks:

And the Auto-sleeper Sussex BB which is very similar:
Auto-Sleepers-Windrush.jpg

Do any of you extremely knowledgable and experienced folk know of another PVC model with a similar travel seat layout?

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
The Devon Sahara has the same layout with rear lounge/double bed and two singles at the front.

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
We have had a Sahara for nine years and was so pleased with it we asked them to build us another with modifications but they flatly refused.

OP
OP
Big Adam

Big Adam

Free Member
Feb 22, 2018
Funster No
Fourgon Family Van added to the shortlist. Not obvious from layout but has separate 5th travel seat (and dropsown over-cab bed)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Globecar / Possl have several layouts with 4 belted travel seats .. but not separate. Is that a must have ?

twin beds and also double traverse beds , also one with a lifting roof with another double bed

IMV one of the best van converters.. usual high quality from Germany, well built and with excellent insulation..

example Globecar Road Scout
2014-globecar-roadscout-r-motorhome-layout-floorplan.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Big Adam

Big Adam

Free Member
Feb 22, 2018
Funster No
Thanks Scotjimland, yes separate rear belted seats are a 'must have' for us, partly for improved comfort while on the road (compared to the usual narrow twin bench seat) but also for the fact that this layout generally provides a proper parallel lounge/dinette. While visiting the Wildax stand three times (!) on Saturday, we found this much more pleasant than the more standard two kids on the bench and parents on the rotated cab seats.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks Scotjimland, yes separate rear belted seats are a 'must have' for us, partly for improved comfort while on the road (compared to the usual narrow twin bench seat) but also for the fact that this layout generally provides a proper parallel lounge/dinette. While visiting the Wildax stand three times (!) on Saturday, we found this much more pleasant than the more standard two kids on the bench and parents on the rotated cab seats.
It also reduces the fights if they aren't sitting right next to each other! :LOL:

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
So are you now looking for a Wildax ?
Wildax enthusiasts have their own closed group on Facebook and you can join if you own or are looking to buy one.

OP
OP
Big Adam

Big Adam

Free Member
Feb 22, 2018
Funster No
Face what? :confused:
I’ll check it out when I get a moment. Spending a LOT of time on here first.

I think current shopping list is:
1) Autosleeper Windrush/Sussex BB
2) Wildax Solaris XL
3) Devon Sahara
(Fourgon just a little too quirky)

Jadcoz

Free Member
Sep 6, 2018
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Hi there , did you eventually get the BB , if so are you enjoying it, i collect mine at the weekend very excited , would love to hear any pointers or thoughts adam?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
One with a proper automotive type of rear travel seat for 2 is the Westfalia Columbus 600D.

About 1:28 into this video:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Face what? :confused:
I’ll check it out when I get a moment. Spending a LOT of time on here first.

I think current shopping list is:
1) Autosleeper Windrush/Sussex BB
2) Wildax Solaris XL
3) Devon Sahara
(Fourgon just a little too quirky)
But why do you need 3 vans :p

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I’m 100% sold on the unusual four separate travel seats layout of the Wildax Solaris: Have a look at Auto Sleeper Faiford PVC. Not many around for sale second hand, but as an owner,I'm very pleased with my van and it's versatile layout and no bunk to climb or fall out of!!

and have been looking for other secondhand models that have similar.
Have found the Auto-sleeper Windrush which has this layout but with two transverse rear bunks:

And the Auto-sleeper Sussex BB which is very similar:
Auto-Sleepers-Windrush.jpg

Do any of you extremely knowledgable and experienced folk know of another PVC model with a similar travel seat layout?

OP
OP
Big Adam

Big Adam

Free Member
Feb 22, 2018
Funster No
One with a proper automotive type of rear travel seat for 2 is the Westfalia Columbus 600D.

About 1:28 into this video:

Nope! That has a twin belted rear bench arrangement. This thread is for totally separate rear travel seats.

OP
OP
Big Adam

Big Adam

Free Member
Feb 22, 2018
Funster No
Hi there , did you eventually get the BB , if so are you enjoying it, i collect mine at the weekend very excited , would love to hear any pointers or thoughts adam?
No. We went all around the houses and ended up finding a couple of Wildax Pulsars for sale (the four berth ones with the pop-top bed) but they were just a little too compact.
Still looking and happy to wait until the right model pops up at the right price! :D2

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Nope! That has a twin belted rear bench arrangement. This thread is for totally separate rear travel seats.

The problem is finding separate rear travel seats that are crash tested / TUV certified. My 2d worth is that the 3 point seat belts may be securely mounted by converters, but the seat base and cushions are unlikely to prevent the occupant "submarining" in an impact.

If you don't want to go with the kind of twin seats that Westfalia use, I would chuck out the converter's separate seats and fit safer rear passenger seats like these yourself:

http://www.be-ge.co.uk/index.php/en.../278-n1-m1-passenger-seats-meet-type-approval

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back