smev oven/grill (1 Viewer)

mark91068

Free Member
May 5, 2009
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Hi all I am looking for a smev oven/grill 20ltr, I have a grill at the moment and was told you gan change it for a oven grill, dose anyone know where i can get one and how easy is it to change?:winky:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
I have a Smev oven grill and whist I can't help with fitting etc. I can tell you that the oven is quite poor and the grill is very poor.:Sad:

Save your money IMHO.:winky:

Ferend

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Funster No
I have a Smev oven grill and whist I can't help with fitting etc. I can tell you that the oven is quite poor and the grill is very poor.:Sad:

Save your money IMHO.:winky:
Something wrong with it, or your gas pressure then. We have the Smev oven/grill unit and both oven and grill work fine...

wooly

Free Member
May 17, 2009
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 Years
Hi Ours is Excellent, no complaints
Michael

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We have the Smev 4 ring top , Grill and oven .
Apart from having to wait longer for it to heat things up , than our electric fan oven at home , theres no problems.
In fact its alot better than the oven and grill we have had with previous caravans we have owned.
You can get them from ebay , not cheap though.
B

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We have the Smev 4 ring top , Grill and oven .
Apart from having to wait longer for it to heat things up , than our electric fan oven at home , theres no problems.

Ditto.. and over 3 years full time had no problems.

if anyone has a problem it's most likely because you are using Propane ( LPG ) at 30mb which is the EU standard pressure for both propane and butane..

The SMEV is designed to work on either Butane at 28mb or Propane at 37mb

Re jetting to 0.7mm should resolve the poor heating .. alternatively use Butane

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
One of the problems I have with mine is that it makes the drawer above it very hot to touch. Also it's very hot in such a small space - I guess i just don't like oven cooking in the van!

We have a Weber Q120 Gas BBQ and I use that for a lot of things I would put in an oven. Being outside it's much more van friendly!:Smile:

OP
OP
M

mark91068

Free Member
May 5, 2009
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
thats great for the feedback i think!! i dont supose anyone is selling a secondhand one then or even want to swap foe a grill ::bigsmile:

T

TomTee

Deleted User
I've a Smev oven and grill in my Hobby and it's fine. Cooking times are slightly longer than with a bigger oven, but that's no problem.

I did find the supplied grill pan difficult to take in and out easily so I bought a separate small grill pan with a folding handle and that's made making my morning toast much more convenient.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
you could try your local scrap / breakers yards as they may get the odd caravan in for breaking.:thumb::thumb:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
One of the problems I have with mine is that it makes the drawer above it very hot to touch

We have a grill oven in our Roller Team, ideal if you've got all the time in the world but we find it ok . There is a pull out plate to stop the heat rising up, we didnt know about it until we mentioned the heat problem to a friend who has the same van, so it might be worth checking to see if you have one. Pull down the grill/oven door and feel inside for a ridge, not the easiest things to pull out but thank goodness we did or we wouldnt have a worktop left.

We have seen the bigger Smev oven for sale at Norwich Camping at around £400, also at the Southampton Boat Show

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back