LED bulbs not fitting (1 Viewer)

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
I purchased a couple of LED bulbs from ebay (hong kong) Link Removed to replace the reading lights in our 'van.

The bulbs in the 'van are BA15s's (I think also referred to as 1156) which so it appeared a straight swap is all that's needed but for some reason they don't fit, you can push the bulb into the socket, and it twists but it doesn't lock into place and drops out.

Has anyone had this problem or know if there is a way to resolve it?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I made exactly the same mistake myself, luckily not too expensive a mistake. The problem is that the bayonet cap isn't long enough so the shoulders of the bulb snag on the fitting and prevent proper location and locking.

Tried all sorts of ways to make them fit, filing down the shoulders etc and nothing worked. There should be something about it in posts on here from a couple of years ago :Smile:

The way I resolved it was to buy bulbs similar to Link Removed from Aten Lighting.

You may be able to use your eBay cheapies as stop/indicator bulbs depending on fitting. I ended up giving mine away.

Graham

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
a spot of clear silicone to secure it with the bulb held in place by tape till it dries will solve your problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
a spot of clear silicone to secure it with the bulb held in place by tape till it dries will solve your problem

Shouldn't think so. The problem isn't just that the bulb won't stay in place. The bayonet cap won't reach far enough into the fitting for the contacts on the bulb to meet those in the fitting.

Graham

goffer

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
weymouth sunny dorset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 but tugged for 10
led bulbs

if they are twelve leds you need to swap them for nines they will fit

Had same problem, but it was rectified.

Tony

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I spoke to these guys Link Removed and they were really really helpful. I was going to buy of Ebay but there really is more to it than you think. I told them the type of fittings I had and the bulbs that needed replacing and they were spot on. dont think they cost much either.

OP
OP
GregM

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
Thanks for the replies, I'll look at the adapters that convert from the ba15s (1156) to M11 or G4's.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
at the newbury show , aten lighting had a stall, tou could get all the info from them , evev take out your lighting fixture, take it to them and they would give you the equivalent in l.e.d

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back