New Member....Any Top tips (1 Viewer)

wazplover

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
Funster No
Exp
brand new!!!
Hey Folks,

My wife and I (And our 13 year old Son) are new to the motorhome World. We have just bought a swift Sundace with the plan being to spend many weekends away, irrespective of the weather. Does anyone have any top tips or things they wish they had, or done when they were first starting out.....Thanks

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
Welcome, and congrats on your new purchase.. Many happy miles & nights away :)

Cant think of anything we especially forgot, apart from a corkscrew/bottle opener :Blush:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome.

my advise is, at first only take what you actually will need...not the stuff you think you need.

you soon realise you really needed a ???? and will take one next time.

and you're never far from a shop, so no probs getting that 'must have' item.

once you put something in the motorhome it never seems to leave and just sits in a drawer for ever.

one item you do need is a bottle opener/corkscrew. :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
hi and welcome,

Two things I would suggest you take;
one notebook and pen, to jot down things you need to add, ideas on how to 'adjust' the van to make yourselves more comfortable and anything you may notice that others are doing that will make your time away easier.

Diary. Wish from day one that I had started keeping a diary /journal of trips. Along the lines of site details, was site good / bad, sloping pitch etc for next time you use them. Also places you visit. Any places you would like to visit should you return. etc

Most important and took me some time to get use to this. Take your time, spend time relaxing on site, take time with the places you visit. After all now you have the van you can always go back and visit the places you missed first (or even second time ) round.

enjoy
Colin

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi and welcome to the Fun Site ::bigsmile: :welcomefunster:flyingwelcome

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello and welcome to the site. The best way to get ideas is to come along to one of the meets (don't know what area you are from).... you will get lots of ideas from other funsters on the site.

Agree though, that pencil and paper to jot down what you find you need as you go along, is a must... :Smile:

OP
OP
W

wazplover

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
Funster No
Exp
brand new!!!
Guys,

Thank you very much for all the tips and advice.

WAZPLOVER is a make up of the letters that appear on our motorhome's number plate.::bigsmile:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
hi and welcome,

Diary. Wish from day one that I had started keeping a diary /journal of trips. Along the lines of site details, was site good / bad, sloping pitch etc for next time you use them. Also places you visit. Any places you would like to visit should you return. etc

enjoy
Colin

To cover the above aspect you need Destinations. A well designed travel log, the purchase of which contributes to the running of this brilliant website. (See Link Removed)
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back