Free Member
May 24, 2010
Felixstowe
Funster No
MH
None - Sold It!
Exp
2 Months
A friend did send us the warning of an Alerte Orange, this is around Cahors.:Sad:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNFgOdx1jIk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Cor. I was there just a couple of weeks ago. Just goes to show, the weather is broken.

Elsie

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
Funster No
We are in the Dordogne at the moment about 50 miles south of Limoges.
Last Friday we had a violent and prolonged thunderstorm, probably the one which caused the damage shown above.
At one point it showered us with hailstones about half an inch in diameter. It was a bit like being showered with the old style moth balls (for those who can remember!)

Fortunately it doesn't appear to have damaged the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
we had some terrible weather further into The midi-Pyrenees in May. The campsite owners were in despair over cancelled bookings and the weather forecast. Doesn't seem to have improved.
Violet

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We are in the Dordogne at the moment about 50 miles south of Limoges.
Last Friday we had a violent and prolonged thunderstorm, probably the one which caused the damage shown above.
At one point it showered us with hailstones about half an inch in diameter. It was a bit like being showered with the old style moth balls (for those who can remember!)

Fortunately it doesn't appear to have damaged the van.

I think we had this storm in the early hours of the next day near to Le Mans.

Woke me at 3 am and kept us all awake. Being a sensible type I had parked the MH under a tree:Eeek:

We then drove the 4 hours or so to Calais in driving rain and stormy conditions all the way.

Never seen weather like it.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi all!

Always thunder storms at this time if the year nothing unusual indeed!
Every year at the same period or just about we get our garage flooded with hailstones and water, 20 to 30cms high!
Toulouse is in the center of Midi pyrénées. It won't last long , i guess next week (as the forecast this week is rain all along!) sun will come back!

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Not banging on about it, but there, but for the grace of my Prostate, would have been us - for donkey's years, we've been there about now, and known serious flooding but that lot really is dramatic.

Gives a whole new meaning to 'bon voyage'!

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Terrible Weather In South of France

Hi All

There is terrible weather at the moment in the South of France. My sister is there with her touring caravan near Frejus (did try and talk her into MH but no joy!). I spoke with her last night and this morning and she, hubby, 4 yr old and 5 month old were caught up in what can only be described as a living nightmare last night. After a day out up in the mountains they were returning to the campsite and were stuck in this awful monsoon. Witnessing roads merging into the river, boulders coming down from the mountains the size of shopping trolleys, cars & vans literally losing control all around them! They managed to get though a point where a small bridge looked inpassable and thought they were going to have abandon the car - think they only managed this due to having a 4 x 4.

They have had no electricity since 5pm last night and have been watching the army helicopters going overhead all night long with stretchers attached to them.

On talking to them this morning they both sound in a state of shock - especially when I told them about the loss of life and missing people.

With little sis being a drama queen at times I thought she was overdoing a bit till I saw the footage for myself, on this occasion I have taken it all on board.

I think they have had a lucky escape. How scary that the weather can just turn like that, it has been well into the 80,s for the last few days.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back