frosty

Free Member
Mar 5, 2010
worthing
Funster No
MH
motor home
Exp
of to glen coe first week in july for 2weeks just thought i would ask if any of you have been and whats in store? i do love to wild camp not coz iam tight to pay for camp sites just so much better to be in the wilds on are own,i understand that wild camping in glen coe is banned but what about glen etive?also can any one recommend places to see that shouldnt be missed like wild life ect ect,also will have my motorbike on the back so can go places where the motorhome cant, any info will be much appreciated regards frosty

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
This time of year at Glen Etive you may find a lot of youngsters there from Glasgow..it`s very easy for them to get there and camp. Been there many times but generally earlier or later in the year when no one`s about. In fact our last motorhome is parked there on Google earth at the far end....where now there is a large gate, owing to a lot of logging taking place, and a new Jetty built for the barges to collect....and take your midge repellent at this time of year !!

Sadly, this time of year, there are many motorhomes in Scotland...we came back 3 weeks ago and have never seen so many on the west coast, but as I say, we generally go "out of season" when we have it mostly to ourselves, and then we can enjoy the remote spots. This time of year you`ll be lucky to to "wild on your own", but I wish you a great trip and many amazing sights.

Geoff

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
of to glen coe first week in july for 2weeks just thought i would ask if any of you have been and whats in store? i do love to wild camp not coz iam tight to pay for camp sites just so much better to be in the wilds on are own,i understand that wild camping in glen coe is banned but what about glen etive?also can any one recommend places to see that shouldnt be missed like wild life ect ect,also will have my motorbike on the back so can go places where the motorhome cant, any info will be much appreciated regards frosty

not been there myself but found these two places in wildcamping site.
glen coe 56 39' 43.77" N 5 03' 20.94" W
glen etive 56 38' 52.08" N 4 51' 56.96" W

can locate these spots from google map.

check it out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

frosty

Free Member
Mar 5, 2010
worthing
Funster No
MH
motor home
Exp
thanks

thanks for that,as you say it might be a bit busy up there but itching to get up there

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
not been there myself but found these two places in wildcamping site.
glen coe 56 39' 43.77" N 5 03' 20.94" W
glen etive 56 38' 52.08" N 4 51' 56.96" W

can locate these spots from google map.

check it out

Mmmmmm! musrave paid yer £15 then. Bleedin ripoff merchants them now!:Angry:

Probs my info!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries