Solar panels - Cheap! (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi Funsters ::bigsmile:

This offer only applies if you are going to the bring & buy meet at Wrenbury!

For a while now I've been fancying adding solar panels to our motorhome but the price has always put me off.

I found a supplier that would give me a good discount if I bought 10 panels and I decided to ask around my friends on Motorhomefun to see if any-one wanted to get some panels at the same time so that we could all benefit from the 'bulk buy' discount.

Several of my mates said that they were interested and between us we are buying 7 but we need some more funsters to buy the other 3 so that we can all get the discounted price.

Obviously you may need a regulator and fixing brackets etc. as well and I've got prices for these as well.

If you are interested and are going to the Bring & Buy at Wrenbury then here is how it works:

1. Send me a PM indicating how many panels you want.
  2. If there are any panels left I will send you a PM with a link to an order form.
  3. Fill in the form indicating what you want.
  4. I will consolidate all the orders and pay for everything and bring it all to Wrenbury Bring & Buy.
  5. You pay me in cash and collect your panel(s) etc. at the bring and buy.

Fitting is not included of course so you need to take that into account. I'm having Home-Serve (Ash) install mine at the Northern Motorhome Show at Cheshire

How much are they? I hear you ask.

Here's the prices :thumb:

£165 for each 80w Monocrystalline Photovoltaic Solar Panel
£20 for a 10 amp regulator
£30 for a 20 amp regulator
£38 for a 30 amp regulator
£16 for 4 fixing brackets
£8 for a twin entry cable gland
£12 for a tube of Sikaflex 221
£10 for each 5 metre cable with MC4 connectors
£2 for an in-line fuse with fuse

The regulators are bog standard ones - no LCD readouts (they do have LED's to show charging etc.)

So, let me know if you are interested asap as I am going early next week to pick up the orders. ::bigsmile:

NOTE: The purpose of this co-operative is to enable us to buy solar panels with a 'bulk buy' discount for our own use. Neither I nor anyone else is operating this co-operative with the intention of making a profit.

Regards
Bryan

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, brian ,thats a good price should get your hand bitten off. i dont need any but i,m sure others will . thats the way to do it .i bought loads in maroc a few yrs ago .but they cant compete with that price any longer . good one keep up the good work .cheers alan.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
That's cheap, bet you get ya hand bitten off :winky::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Bryan , John is out at the moment but he is thinking of a panel / second battery vs genny
can i let you know in morning please

Kath

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Sorry Bryan, alas we will have to pass on this great offer

Kath

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why I'm not snatching your hand off.

Just as a debating point....

I thought about it and despite the price said "no" to myself. Why ? I thought you'd ask, well it doesn't fit our style. Mainly, we don't wild camp ( 'ere indoors likes her conveniences ). And for a long weekend meet with no power, in the UK, 80W is useless when we carry a pair of electric bikes. 80W is theoretical 6.5A but that would be with a perfect regulator and square on to clear sun so the reality in the UK is more like an average 2A ( guess ). 2A 6 hours = 12Ah which does not compare to the 40Ah of bike battery which we easily flatten in a day.

So my solution, a 300W inverter that will run the bike chargers for hours and a little used genny to rapidly top up the leisure battery at a suitable time.

Of course those wanting to long term in Spain without paying for electricity, solar is whole different ball game.

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Interesting thoughts, Brian.

Of course there is always the option of more than one panel :thumb:

If you have specific requirements such as yours then maybe solar will not meet them.

But if like me you just want to last a few days away without having to lug a generator and associated fuel cans and know that you will have enough battery power then solar can be a good solution.

I know of several RV owners with solar panels who can last a good long weekend without having to resort to a generator and that can make all the difference in some circumstances.

Bryan

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Interesting thoughts, Brian.
Of course there is always the option of more than one panel :thumb:
Bryan

You'd better believe it ! We noticed a trend in Germany of many houses having a whole south facing roof clad in solar electric. Knowing MH prices I winced every time I saw them, but they must work economically either by direct saving or grants for them to be used in the numbers seen.

The roof angle is just about perfect too.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Where is the order form Bryan.

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
There we go then, convert our motorhome by adding a hip roof and there's no need for tracking solar panels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hello :Smile:

If you are considering this amazing offer then please be aware that it is very time critical.

I really do need to know ASAP as I am sorting everything out this weekend.

Regards

Bryan

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Have pmd you bryan we will have one,