Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Folks

I'm off to buy a lappy today because my desktop has given up on me. I want to buy a dongle as well.

The question is will a dongle bought in the uk work in France and if it wont what do I need to do.

I know this has been done before but I cant find the answer on a search.

Jim

:Smile:

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
It'll work but will be very expensive with a UK simm card in it. If you want to use a dongle in France economically you'll need a local simm card if your dongle will run it, or a local dongle complete with local simm card. Or, get your dongle unlocked to accept other cards.

Or, just do as lots of us do - free McD wi-fi :Smile:

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
It'll work but will be very expensive with a UK simm card in it. If you want to use a dongle in France economically you'll need a local simm card if your dongle will run it, or a local dongle complete with local simm card. Or, get your dongle unlocked to accept other cards.

Or, just do as lots of us do - free McD wi-fi :Smile:

Thanks Neil,

Is it a simple enough task just to walk in to a French outlet, buy a local dongle and off you go.

Plus of course the free wifi area's.

Jim

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Well, I haven't gone down that route but I believe you have to show some sort of proof of French residence or maybe just an address? I'm sure someone will know better :winky:

Different subject, but when we got a French gas cylinder we had to give a French address for the contract - I could only come up with the location of the last aire we stayed at, it didn't seem to matter that we apparently lived at Oradour sur Glane :Doh:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Not on the topic but I think I need glasses. I just glanced at the title of this and read DONKEY's in France!:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back