MOTORHOMING SCUM at Stratford Show (1 Viewer)

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Yes, they do exist.
Monday morning, a THIEVING SCROTE stole my Fiamma Levelling Ramps.

I drove off our pitch in the 'Clubs' area, to the Elsan dump, leaving grey water bottle, step, doormat, trays of plants from garden centre, rubbish bag and our Levelling Ramps. Only gone less than ten minutes and the THIEVING SCUM, stole our ramps.

If your 'partner' or someone you were camped with returned to their pitch with some STOLEN RAMPS he is a THIEVING SCUM and would you please tell him that he is a THIEVING SCUM *every* time you see him..... thanks.

One of my friends, pitched a few yards away, did see a 'dog walker' in the vicinity but didn't see the THEFT. He was busy packing his stuff away and wasn't looking out for THIEVING SCUMBAGS, so the THIEVING SCROTE may have been seen with a pair of STOLEN ramps *and* a dog.

Harvey

john+julie

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none new
Any possibility that it might have looked like you had just dumped that stuff there, especially as there was a bag of rubbish with it, it has happened while weve caravaned some 1 has decided that some stuff was no longer needed and just drove off and left it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
they are every where .we were once at a vw show at malvern ,someone stole a trike body from the back of my pickup. we did find it thrown over the fence later. it was slightly damaged but repairable. thousands of pounds of gear goes missing at the shows .speak to any trader .its a nightmare .and you think every one there should be an enthusiast.but there is an element that gets its kicks knicking. i you catch them you arent allowed to give em a good kicking ,shame. cheers alan.

OP
OP
I

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Any possibility that it might have looked like you had just dumped that stuff there,

No! they were *stolen*. Any honest person thinking they may have been abandoned would have asked my friends pitched a few yards away .... wouldn't they?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Should have parked up with the funsters. We had a fence around our pitch, 24 hour security and you could only get in or out if you were wearing a Funster badge::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Should have parked up with the funsters. We had a fence around our pitch, 24 hour security and you could only get in or out if you were wearing a Funster badge::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

don't forget the Doberman guard dog and the ex army security,,,, that Rex might look harmless when sat down but,,,,,,, oh and then there were all the kids armed with water guns., nasty looking lot....

In honesty though, I am shocked ot hear that. as said, could it not be plausible that some one thought you had left and picked them up?

Moosehead

Free Member
Aug 13, 2009
Staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6months
If this had happened on say the Saturday then I would deffinitely say theft but as it was Monday and the site was emptying with everyone left or leaving then I would be more likely to put it down to someone thinking you had left them behind.

OP
OP
I

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
If this had happened on say the Saturday then I would deffinitely say theft but as it was Monday and the site was emptying with everyone left or leaving then I would be more likely to put it down to someone thinking you had left them behind.

No! they were *stolen*. Any honest person thinking they may have been abandoned would have asked my friends pitched a few yards away

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
No! they were *stolen*. Any honest person thinking they may have been abandoned would have asked my friends pitched a few yards away

How would they have known they were your friends? They wouldn't, and so had no way of knowing that they could have asked them...

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

We did drop our guard for about an hour, when the Karaoke started......:winky:....Sorry Jim we just couldn't keep them out.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's the best thing about camping with the funsters, there's always someone awake keeping an eye out, even if its JJ watching TV half the night.::bigsmile: Bob.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Had the same thing happen to our Metal steps a few years ago....

Left them in the middle of the pitch with a Reg number "Pitch occupied" sign attached and came back to find they were gone...

Found them 2 pitches up and...when approached...the person who had rented the motorhome was very indignant and on the point of arguing they were theirs until.......

I turned them over to reveal our Reg Number and postcode on the bottom....:Angry:

Hope you find the Thieving........

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Im glad I was working now, ...........

Your not happy are you!

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Had the same thing happen to our Metal steps a few years ago....

Left them in the middle of the pitch with a Reg number "Pitch occupied" sign attached and came back to find they were gone...

Found them 2 pitches up and...when approached...the person who had rented the motorhome was very indignant and on the point of arguing they were theirs until.......

I turned them over to reveal our Reg Number and postcode on the bottom....:Angry:

Hope you find the Thieving........

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Brilliant :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
THIEVING SCROTE may have been seen with a pair of STOLEN ramps *and* a dog.Harvey

[FONT=&quot]I think I sore a white jack Russell running off with something yellow in his mouth. [/FONT]Could this have been one of your ramps.:tears:

ddavewoods

Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South West
Funster No
Exp
Its a shame, when I was a kid you could leave your front door open with your wallet on the sideboard and no one would nick em, well thats what my dad said.

seriously though, it is a shame that you cant leave things for a moment without someone with a DOG pinching them.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Sorry to hear of your loss, if its not tied down they'll take anything.

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
hi we had somebody try to take our scooter about 3 years ago at peterborough show left it overnight all locked up outside the van got up in the morning and it had gone we reported it to security and the other half had a walk round to look for it and saw it hidden (not very well) behind the american rvs asked everybody if they d seen anything but nobody had . crossed our minds that it would have fitted nicely in the back of an rv and it could have been taken away without anybody seeing anything ,although i like to believe this wasnt the case hope no other like minded motorhomer would do such a thing . anyway happy ending we got it back with only minor damage ,we are a lot more carefull now .

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Its a shame, when I was a kid you could leave your front door open with your wallet on the sideboard and no one would nick em, well thats what my dad said.

seriously though, it is a shame that you cant leave things for a moment without someone with a DOG pinching them.

Yea my Dad said the same... oh and he added that there was no point in stealing it as there was never owt in it!!! :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back