Brecon Jazz Festival (1 Viewer)

andyjane59

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
Exp
Since July 09.
Anyone into jazz? The Brecon Jazz Festival is 6-8 August. The car parks in Brecon allow one night in 7 for motorhomes to stay FOC between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m. You only pay for time outside these hours and all day is £2.50. Brecon will be busy so early arrival needed.:Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Gosh we live outside Brecon and havent heard anything about it yet this year, not great jazz fans admittedly but norm lots of info about it .

Wasnt aware of the 1 in 7 nights FOC M/h parking must admit.,

Homebase on the outskirts has a excellent carpark for m/h's if allowed there, good entrance about 5 to 10 mins walk into town, there has been shuttle buses from nearby there in the past

OP
OP
andyjane59

andyjane59

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
Exp
Since July 09.
Jazz Festival

I don't know about shop car parks but the council allow 1 night in 7 in theirs.
There is more than one car park so a few nights could be possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

boybris3

Free Member
May 28, 2010
Hengoed
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
14 months
Oyoy,
went to jazz festival few yearsback
and had to park mile outside,not bad walk when
you,ve had a few beers,:Doh:
as i remember great week end,
Sean:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
andyjane59

andyjane59

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
Exp
Since July 09.
Brecon Rugby Club

If you fancy more of an organised site have a look at the Brecon RFC website. They offer a pitch on their fields for a fee.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I don't know about shop car parks but the council allow 1 night in 7 in theirs.
There is more than one car park so a few nights could be possible.

At Jazz time the few small car parks are chocka, it is nearly impossible to park a car just for the household shopping :RollEyes::RollEyes:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Gosh we live outside Brecon and havent heard anything about it yet this year, not great jazz fans admittedly but norm lots of info about it .

Wasnt aware of the 1 in 7 nights FOC M/h parking must admit.

I was at the Hay festival last week, where the same 1 in 7 nights thing applies to the main car park, and they were handing out leaflets advertising the jazz festival. I think the Hay organizers have taken over the jazz one this year so maybe their attention will switch now to Brecon.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I was at the Hay festival last week, where the same 1 in 7 nights thing applies to the main car park, and they were handing out leaflets advertising the jazz festival. I think the Hay organizers have taken over the jazz one this year so maybe their attention will switch now to Brecon.

Thank you for the info, but parking in Brecon is always a pain, I have been trying to think of places within walking distance suitable for a m/h but the only place I can think of is Bishops Meadows, but there is a camp site behind them so would they allow???

Ferend

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Funster No
Thank you for the info, but parking in Brecon is always a pain, I have been trying to think of places within walking distance suitable for a m/h but the only place I can think of is Bishops Meadows, but there is a camp site behind them so would they allow???
The Watton car park GPS: N51 56.765 W3 23.113 is a few minutes from the town centre as is the Coach/lorry park, Canal Street GPS: N51 56.692 W3 23.400
The furthest of the Promenade car parks at GPS: N51 57.040 W3 24.382 has a small tarmac area but from around Easter to September, weather permitting, there is access to a huge grass field. Overnight stays for 1 night in 7 is permissible at all of these.

Andy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Anyone into jazz? The Brecon Jazz Festival is 6-8 August.

Thank you a lot !

Booked one performance for each day. It will be particularly good to see the Dankworths, if they are anything like as good as their parents it will be amazing.

Now waiting for a reply from rugby club.

PS.....
Found rugby club details - £15 per person per night -- no wonder we keep saying in here "go abroad". Last week, for €18 a night we were parked on the banks of the Rhein with electricity and immaculate facilities. For £30 we get to park on the banks of Brecon Canal !

Last edited:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Missed the post about the Brecon RFC, it is about time someone helped the m/h's in Brecon

Well done Brecon RFC !

Hilldweller what day will you be arriving, we only live 9miles away and will be in at least one day / night so look out for our funster badge's and say Hi !

Any other funster going perhaps we can meet up for a beer / vino or two :wine:

Kath

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Missed the post about the Brecon RFC, it is about time someone helped the m/h's in Brecon

Well done Brecon RFC !

Kath

Correction - they aren't helping MHs in Brecon they are helping Brecon RFC.

Even £10 pppn for none weekend nights is taking the piss for a bit of field I would say. The nett result is they may be harming Brecon and themselves by deterring visitors.

We'll be arriving on Friday, leaving Monday. Burstner 530. We might even have some Italian "champers" left over :)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Correction - they aren't helping MHs in Brecon they are helping Brecon RFC.

Even £10 pppn for none weekend nights is taking the piss for a bit of field I would say. The nett result is they may be harming Brecon and themselves by deterring visitors.

We'll be arriving on Friday, leaving Monday. Burstner 530. We might even have some Italian "champers" left over :)

yes you are right and I stand corrected. I have always thought this area doesnt do much to attract the tourist , only I didnt want to upset anyone over the cost which as you mention is naughty..............ummmmm some left over italian "champers heh" definitely tempting
:winky::winky:

OP
OP
andyjane59

andyjane59

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
Exp
Since July 09.
Canal ?

Never mind the canal, you've also got the river Usk and the view of the beacons. Worth every penny.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Never mind the canal, you've also got the river Usk and the view of the beacons. Worth every penny.

Huh - for €15 I can get a view of the Eiger, the Jungfrau and the Mönch, so there !

I have to admit I prefer Jazz to yodelling.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Any other funster going perhaps we can meet up for a beer / vino or two :wine:
Kath

Did someone mention beer/vino?:Smile:

I'm posting my camping request form off tonight to Brecon RFC for the 6/7/8.

Hope to see you and John at the festival.

Phil

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010

Jeesh...it's a Word document :Angry: ....what is this, 2003?

Can't be bothered to start up my Windows PC at the moment...let's hope OpenOffice can handle it because Mac OS X TextEdit can't.

Why not a web page or PDF for :censored:2 sake? We don't need to edit the bloomin' thing, just print it out :swear:

Not a good start!

OP
OP
andyjane59

andyjane59

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
Exp
Since July 09.
PDF? Word? What about phoning?

I am sure that the website gives a phone number, try the phone and book it the old fashioned way.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Did someone mention beer/vino?:Smile:

Hope to see you and John at the festival.

Phil

Great that is a few of us then , we will have to arrange when / if folk have time in between their performances to meet up a bit nearer the time...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I am sure that the website gives a phone number, try the phone and book it the old fashioned way.

To be honest....as a software developer/support engineer....I can actually start up the PC in the other room and see the form OK. It's the assumption that everyone can read Word files that irritates me, particularly when the document is delivered via the open web. It's like when I ask a client to send me an image of their screen to demonstrate a problem...and they send it embedded in Excel :Doh:

I'm having a grouchy day today....bah...humbug :Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hay on the ball, I have the tickets.

A thought. This may be an opportunity for stargazing. Are there any isolated wild camping places in the area where light pollution will be low ?

Preferably combined with no clouds.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hay on the ball, I have the tickets.

A thought. This may be an opportunity for stargazing. Are there any isolated wild camping places in the area where light pollution will be low ?

Preferably combined with no clouds.

haha no hope... Brian hadnt you heard that it always rains when in Wales:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(mind you we have had lovely weather of late :thumb::thumb::thumb:)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Anyone staying at the Rugby club for this event?

Phil

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Phil i thought Brian and Neil were .....
We will have to arrange when / where we can all share a bevvy or two together (Brian before you say it a bevvy each :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) We havent booked anything just popping in to see you guys

What day /where is everyone arriving if not at the RFC

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Looking forward to a bevvy.

I'm arriving Friday morning/lunchtime leaving Monday morning.

Phil

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I'm arriving Friday afternoon at the RFC, hopefully :pray:. Got a ticket for 7:30 - 9:00pm event, and my only other task for the day is finding something to eat (travelling light I think this weekend). Heading back Sunday morning.

I've never driven into Brecon before but when I emailed the rugby club regarding directions, they told me to get close to the correct road and there'll be plenty of people around to give directions, no problem. They obviously don't know me. Until then Google Streetview will be getting a workout.

Forecast for Friday looks dodgy :rain:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back