Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
What is the difference between a 12volt ..110amp lead acid battery purchased in England ...and a 12volt ..110amp lead acid battery purchased in France ??????

Mel:Doh:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
About 100 euros? :Confused:

Yes I know that !!!!!! :Angry:...But I am not on about the price I am talking about the battery.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Nowt except the instructions on the French batteries will be in French :winky:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We had to buy one for the Motorbike once, years ago. (in Le Mans funnily enough)

It was cheaper in France, and the people at the shop were very helpful, and they had some very nice pale blue leathers I would have liked, that I certainly hadn't seen in England.

Does that help at all?

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Not one bit.

Ziltch.

Nowt.

Sweet FA.

Well Brian I am glad you said that:thumb:, as with many other funsters....you and other funsters are thinking the same as me.....well while we have been out in Brittany (and we are still out in the motorhome but working our way back home to Pas de Calais region) we met another Brit Motorhomer struggling with lack of 12v power....he has no solar panel just a 1kw genny ...but worried to put it on because of the noise (Honda 1kv…when we was parked next to him on a Aire when there was just the two of us …we did not know he had the genny on)….…prior to us meeting he had run his engine on the motorhome for a hour one evening as was told off by a German…bloody cheek…it is his first time in France ?????... and he has not been on any Ehp.....he said his leisure battery was down and knackered....called to collect a new one while in France and was told they are the WRONG Polarity....?????:Doh::Doh::ROFLMAO:.... so no good for his British motorhome...(CI Mizar Gt...I think is Italian??)............it seems the French do not want to sell there batteries even at the high price the ask for them!!!!!

Mel :thumb:

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Should have made up a reversed polarity lead hardhat (oops....better not start that again, even as a joke) :ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
probably meant the terminals are reversed and offset to one side would mean leads were too short maybe???????????

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that's funny ! yeah in France we have a left side battery :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, it is possible that the connectors are not the same as, for example, the U.S battery and European (I mean continental ...:ROFLMAO:) battery they connectors are different.

But the polarity is the same :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
French Battery

Lets be Franc (sorry) it may smell of Garlic. The pos and neg may be left hand drive. You will need to top up with red wine. It may not charge until you change the alternator to a Renault ernator. It will have a short fuse it's French. It will have plenty of Ampere’s You will need a little more Espace. It should be Simca to fit it. I hope you are Able to put it under the Bonnet. It should work your CD. Using a French battery will Herald a new Eureka moment. I hope you don’t Koch it up.
Encore.

Regards Brian.

Spot the French Cars!

More info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_cars

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Lets be Franc (sorry) it may smell of Garlic. The pos and neg may be left hand drive. You will need to top up with red wine. It may not charge until you change the alternator to a Renault ernator. It will have a short fuse it's French. It will have plenty of Ampere’s You will need a little more Espace. It should be Simca to fit it. I hope you are Able to put it under the Bonnet. It should work your CD. Using a French battery will Herald a new Eureka moment. I hope you don’t Koch it up.
Encore.

Regards Brian.

Spot the French Cars!

More info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_cars

Thanks to all who replied, and like you I like a good laugh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and thought some of the replies brilliant :thumb::thumb:.......... I just found what the motorhomer had told me so bizarre ??:Eeek::Eeek:

Mel:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back