Elddis Light Fitting (1 Viewer)

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Can anyone tell me how to undo the upside down dome shaped light fittings in our elddis autocirrus? (there is one in the lounge area & one in the bathroom)

Thanks

Cupcake

:Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you mean ones similar to Link Removed the diffuser is held into the fitting by 3 or 4 clips. You need to insert a slim blade (something like a penknife) between the diffuser and fitting to release the clips.

Graham

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
BUT if they are like the ones in my Eldiss Autocirrus 200 they are A PAIN IN THE BUTT.

Dellwood kindly got mine off for me at the last meet and he struggled like mad. Mine has a chrome circle around the light and you have to put a knife between it and the roof of the motorhome and prise it off whilst trying not to damage the ceiling. When it shoots off you then just either pull the bulb out downwards, or sideways, depending on the fitting.

I have the clipper ones that Graham talks of on the other side, but suspect it might be the one I have mentioned as it gives me nothing but grief.

Let us know please.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Thanks for the advice yes it is the one with the chrome rim in an autocirrus.........maybe best to leave it alone after your experience, the bulb hasn't gone was just trying to figure out how to get into it to give it a clean.....& when the bulb does eventually go will just switch on a different light. :roflmto:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
There will come a time you need to change it. I have just changed mine to LEDs ... hence Dellwood kindly getting the chrome bit off for me. I don't know if you have the reading lights over the bed, but they were a pain for me too ... however he managed them quite easily. Think it is a matter of just getting to know the bits and pieces of your van over time.:thumb:

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
I have 4 of them in my Autostratus. No problem --just push the dome part inwards with fingers and it pops off . There are 3 lugs holding it in place. Never had a problem to take the cover off to clean the inside.
Best wishes.

OP
OP
C

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Thanks for the info will give that method a go.......just didn't want to use to much force to try and get it off and ending up breaking it. :cry:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Colliezak I just tried that but mine still won't come off... :Sad: When you say 'dome' do you mean the flat circle of chrome?

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I think a photo of the offending light fitting might simplify this ? :winky:

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
Hi Colliezak I just tried that but mine still won't come off... :Sad: When you say 'dome' do you mean the flat circle of chrome?
I mean the light cover. Leave the crome alone.
I had a friend who had the Cirrus and his lights were the same as mine. What years yours? -- or have you managed it yet?
It's the large plastic dome that the light shines out of that comes off exposing the base plate screwed to the ceiling. Push inward on "the dome" with two thumbs-- the dome bends (It's plastic enough to pop out without breaking!)
The one shown by other funster GJH looks about right as it is a Crown make-- then , 2003 in my case and used by Elddis. This was produced by Cableform of Sowerbybridge now taken over by Zodion Ltd (German I think) and Cableform now rebranded as Lumo (I think); but still of Sowebybridge.
website was www.cableform.co.uk which now directs you to the new "take-overers".
I thought that might interest you!!
Best of luck.
Let me know how you get on.

OP
OP
C

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Have tried pushing dome but no luck so will wait for a weekend when got time to spare to try and get the cover off......until then will have to live with mucky light! Thanks for all the info :thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Is the light fitting like the one shown below ? :Smile:

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 29

Detector

Free Member
Jun 4, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
Exp
20 years on and off.
I've been trying to get my light off to clear what looks like a couple of dead flies. Its got a half inch or so matt silver ring containing the on/off switch and the dome has a very gentle curve.

I can't shift it, the dealer can't and Elddis took details, date of van etc so they could e-mail me instructions. As with my removing the spare tyre problem where they were to contact me straight back before I went on holiday (two weeks back) I've heard nothing since. I've since worked out how to drop the tyre but the flies remain in the light fitting.

I can't see that the manufacturer is not supplying instructions so why can't they pass them on. I would like to find out the removal technique before my wife does away with me....I can't help but keep staring if the lights on and fiddling with it when its off.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've been trying to get my light off to clear what looks like a couple of dead flies. Its got a half inch or so matt silver ring containing the on/off switch and the dome has a very gentle curve.

I can't shift it, the dealer can't and Elddis took details, date of van etc so they could e-mail me instructions. As with my removing the spare tyre problem where they were to contact me straight back before I went on holiday (two weeks back) I've heard nothing since. I've since worked out how to drop the tyre but the flies remain in the light fitting.

I can't see that the manufacturer is not supplying instructions so why can't they pass them on. I would like to find out the removal technique before my wife does away with me....I can't help but keep staring if the lights on and fiddling with it when its off.

Sounds like the same fittings as our Autoquest 100. See my earlier post (#2) on this thread.

Graham

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I will try and take a photo of mine.:Smile:

Dellwood you are very cheeky!:ROFLMAO: