Drive Away Awning help required (1 Viewer)

robertjhorner

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
days !
Hi All....
With only 3 proper trips under our belt we're still totally new to this game - but loving it.
Last weekend was Loch Ness & Ft William in our trusty old Camelot.
I want to now extend my space with a drive away awning. But I know nothing about them. I want one with a ground sheet so it can be slept in if necessary, but not too big either.
And I want a bargain - who doesn't !!!
So any thoughts, recommendations, etc.... I have randomly googled stuff and found the Royal Traveller Tunnel thingimy to be quite popular, but I don't know if it'll even fit my wee van. And maybe it sticks out too far and isn't suitable for certain pitch types?

Also, what about the market for a good 2nd hand one - perhaps you get more buck for your bang and a good deal all-round?

All help and suggestions are most welcome.

Here's Flora parked up in Glen Nevis... just before we hauled ourselves up that bloody big hill !

DSC00541.jpg

Cheers, Rob ! :thumb:

happytraveller123

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Funster No
i have a royal traveller awning which i use with my vw type 25 hi top (similar size to your van ) it works fine and gives some good usable exra space . i think i paid about £125 new for it . i did look at the khyam one but at £399 i just couldnt justify it ! you will find like i did ,that unless you are going to be on a site for at least a few days it doesnt seem worth the hassle of setting up ,(the khyam is a bit quicker to erect but still needs pegging out ,getting back in the bag etc ) . one thing to bear in mind is check which gutter fixing will suit your van the best (i use the pole one) but some van guttering is not deep enough ! also dont expect a perfect fit around the vans side door especially if it is a sliding one, it will always seem to catch on the extended tunnel part which by the way has a tendancy to collect rainwater ! no problem ,but just remember to lift up gently in the mornings after a nights rain ! royal traveller worth the money imho though . regards garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Blackeunos

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi Robert,

Not sure if this of use to you but hear goes. I have a Ventura Freestander annex which we used with our old Symbol, now sold (last week). It is not the lightest annex but very good quality, in fact they now retail at over £400. I have the intention of putting it on ebay but just saw your thread. So its in excellent conditon with a sun awning but no groundsheet (dont think any come with a sewn in sheet). If you are interested let me know.

Regards
Stewart

Upvote 0

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi All....
With only 3 proper trips under our belt we're still totally new to this game - but loving it.
Last weekend was Loch Ness & Ft William in our trusty old Camelot.
I want to now extend my space with a drive away awning. But I know nothing about them. I want one with a ground sheet so it can be slept in if necessary, but not too big either.
And I want a bargain - who doesn't !!!
So any thoughts, recommendations, etc.... I have randomly googled stuff and found the Royal Traveller Tunnel thingimy to be quite popular, but I don't know if it'll even fit my wee van. And maybe it sticks out too far and isn't suitable for certain pitch types?

Also, what about the market for a good 2nd hand one - perhaps you get more buck for your bang and a good deal all-round?

All help and suggestions are most welcome.

Here's Flora parked up in Glen Nevis... just before we hauled ourselves up that bloody big hill !

DSC00541.jpg

Cheers, Rob ! :thumb:
Hi take a look on the free ads on this site .. tony

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back