Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Folks
I have an EHU adaptor for Spain. Will this adaptor be ok for France or do I need a different one. (Not been there with the mh before).

Cheers

Jim
:Smile:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
no spring loaded pin here in france

you need the combined type , earth contacts on the side for the german type sockets , hole in the face of the plug with contact for the french type

see you have posted again , yes , that's the one

it isn't anything to do with preventing reversed polarity , just that it will only go in one way because of the hole
as the current alternates electricians don't bother too much about which way the live and neutral are fitted ; you have to fit a double trip anyway [ on both live and neutral ] ; apparently there is no standard for which way the socket is wired as it doesn't matter
does the uk still permit the old fashioned single trip I wonder ?

anyhow , the combined plug is available everywhere here

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
no spring loaded pin here in france

you need the combined type , earth contacts on the side for the german type sockets , hole in the face of the plug with contact for the french type

see you have posted again , yes , that's the one

it isn't anything to do with preventing reversed polarity , just that it will only go in one way because of the hole
as the current alternates electricians don't bother too much about which way the live and neutral are fitted ; you have to fit a double trip anyway [ on both live and neutral ] ; apparently there is no standard for which way the socket is wired as it doesn't matter
does the uk still permit the old fashioned single trip I wonder ?

anyhow , the combined plug is available everywhere here

Hi lebesset

I havent made another post and I'm not bothered about reverse polarity. :Blush:

I just want an ehu adaptor for my trip to France. :shout:

I'm not a leccy teccy and so my needs become much simpler. :RollEyes:

Cheers

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
UK generally only have single pole trip hence the need to be bothered about reverse polarity. All fine until there is a problem.

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
UK generally only have single pole trip hence the need to be bothered about reverse polarity. All fine until there is a problem.

Hi Roger
As I said I'm not a leccy teccy and just thought somebody may be able to tell me who to ring and what to ask for. I can switch the wiring or even buy a reverse polarity adaptor if I ever happen to come across the problem. Oh well.
Cheers
Jim
:winky:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
that is very odd !!!
I answered your post , and when it appeared on the site there were two other posts from littlehobo with a picture of the correct plug ....time exactly the same as mine

these have now disappeared !

hence my addition to MY post

there are 2 possibilities in france , the big 16 amp that you see in the uk , or this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

the plug required is either type E [ france only ] , or better typeE/F hybrid , most of europe

note the french socket with the earth pole sticking out illustrated in type E

Last edited:

Norrie

Free Member
Mar 17, 2009
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I clicked on the link and it took me round in a circle.
NURSE!!!

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
that is very odd !!!
I answered your post , and when it appeared on the site there was another post with a picture of the correct plug ....time exactly the same as mine

this has now disappeared !

hence my addition to MY post

there are 2 possibilities in france , the big 16 amp that you see in the uk , or this for the rest of europe

Link Removed

now tell me what has happened

This is all very odd, spooky in fact.:whatthe:

When I didnt get a positive response, by that I mean one that I could act on I googled the subject.

Google sent me to a Motorhome Fun page.:whatthe:

This page (which I should have found on a search) had a photo of the two pin plug with the hole in the middle. The thread had some very good info from yourself and I even remember reading it at the time.:RollEyes:

Anyhow, I have just orderd one from Towsure so all's well that ends well. ::bigsmile:

Cheers

Jim
:roflmto:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
so I didn't have a senior moment :Smile:

really is weird though , YOU can't find something on the site , but google can !

anyhow , all's well that ends well

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
This is what we are getting for France. Frequently we could use our normal lead but, on a couple of occasions, we needed one of these and borrowed it from the site. For the sake of £4.35 we'll get our own.

Link Removed

Ivy

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
This is what we are getting for France. Frequently we could use our normal lead but, on a couple of occasions, we needed one of these and borrowed it from the site. For the sake of £4.35 we'll get our own.

Link Removed

Ivy

Yep, thats the one I orderd this morning Ivy.

Jim

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
considering you get a plug AND a socket a very reasonable price , unless they catch you on postage , that is :roflmto:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi Folks,
Slightly different direction, but.....
Many sites in the ACSI book require a CEE EHU connector.
Is this the normal 2 pin jobbie?
(Pic of CEE connector would be useful).
Cheers
John

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
CEE ? that's a range of fitments

click on my link on the 1301 post today and you will see

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Just returned from a 10 site visit to France. Only 1 had a "French" socket solely, a municipal near Langres. The remainder were the same as ours. Amusing to see the French having to buy adaptors for their own sites!

Steve

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Just returned from a 10 site visit to France. Only 1 had a "French" socket solely, a municipal near Langres. The remainder were the same as ours. Amusing to see the French having to buy adaptors for their own sites!

Steve
OK, we'll wait for your next French tour before we see you, Steve!! On this thread, you are right in that most good sites (like Parc Verger) are now using the blue connectors a la CC and C&CC. When we started touring, we bought a French plug linked to a blue connector to which we could plug in, and never had a problem.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back