Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
I have noticed on one of my lockers the arm does'nt seem long enough, only seems to touch the rubber. If you pull the locker it can sometimes come undone without unlocking it.:Eeek:

Can longer ones be obtained to make a better hold?
Sorry to keep asking all these questions:winky: Newbies hey:Smile:

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Fiamma Security Products 13 Items Displayed

FIAMMA SAFE DOOR

DESCRIPTION

Pivoting safety block for motorhome and caravan door. It works as an anti-theft device preventing access into the vehicle via the door. It is made of sturdy anodized aluminium without plastic parts and is fitted with a high security barrel lock. It can be easily installed with bolts and internal counterbrackets. Right or left hand installation. Dimensions: 15x9x4.8 cm. Finished in Polar White.

ONE KEY SYSTEM: Also available in pack of 3 with One Key System. One Key System eliminates the need to carry a separate key for each lock fitted.

SPACER KIT SAFE DOOR:
Spacer to be combined with Safe Door and Safe Door Frame to reduce the gap between the motorhome wall and Safe Door. Suitable for version 2007 only.

DELIVERY: NEXT DAY (excl. weekends). Delivery Info

v I use these locks for my locker doors, they are easy to fit,and come in two lengths to cover the existing lock key hole when in use, I am not sure if a picture will appear, but Google Fiamma Security to find them.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
I have noticed on one of my lockers the arm does'nt seem long enough, only seems to touch the rubber. If you pull the locker it can sometimes come undone without unlocking it.:Eeek:

Can longer ones be obtained to make a better hold?
Thanks

Doddy,

Can the locker arm be unbolted, if so I'm sure a longer and possibly thicker one can be fabricated.

Mick

OP
OP
Doddy999

Doddy999

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
Doddy,

Can the locker arm be unbolted, if so I'm sure a longer and possibly thicker one can be fabricated.

Mick

Hi Mick
Have come to that conclusion myself, I deal with a company here in Exeter, so
will take one off & get them to make me longer ones.
I have also used nut & bolts straight through with washers this has strenghtened the
plastic locks.

Thanks Doddy

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi Mick
Have come to that conclusion myself, I deal with a company here in Exeter, so
will take one off & get them to make me longer ones.
I have also used nut & bolts straight through with washers this has strenghtened the
plastic locks.

Thanks Doddy
Yes you can take them apart easily, BUT I think that if you fit longer arms you are asking for trouble as you are making it easier for a robber by making a longer lever to pull on ,thus it will be easier to rip the whole thing out of the flimsy side walls of your van, I have seen this happen with the type that doubles as an aid to entering the Habitation door, [ folding handle type. ]:Eeek::Eeek:

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
I have fitted these

pacri-garage-door.jpg

To the garage doors on my Hymer 522.

I used steel cavity fixings to bolt a steel plate to the door inside panel and bolted the lock to that. I had to extend the keys though, they were about 5mm to short.

You could use the through bolts provided but that would leave two domed bolt heads on the outside and I didn't want that.

To find them do a Google on "garage door lock". I bought mine from a local locksmith.

Hallii

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back