Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
We have a Cadac Safari Chef, which we love using, however get a bit fed up with changing the cannisters.

Does anyone know if it's possible to fit an adaptor which will allow me to run it with a bigger gas bottle via a hose and regulator, something like a large camping gaz.
I've tried emailing cadac direct but as yet, no reply.:help:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
shouldnt be a problem as the pic shows....dumpy bottle and regulator. just buy a suitable reg to fit your gas bottles. may need re-jetting though.

Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ooops, my mistake....

looks like you have this type and the control valve is different.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
The Senior Partner, who uses our Cadac which is just fantastic, thinks PJ is right, but adds that Cadac is a very helpful outfit indeed, so write, e-mail or phone and you should get somewhere.

It seems you may have bought the wrong bit of kit, so sell it having done the research and get what you need. Our butane bottle is just like the one in Old FatherJohn's first picture.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i use our cadac carrychef D/L using the external BBQ connection point on the van so dont need to carry 'extra' gas for it. :thumb:
best way to go...

OP
OP
Manouche

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
i use our cadac carrychef D/L using the external BBQ connection point on the van so dont need to carry 'extra' gas for it. :thumb:
best way to go...

Yeah, i would too, if, I could find an adaptor to convert the gas inlet to the burner to a rubber hose instead of a threaded cannister.
I was hoping somebody might have done the mod before.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yeah, i would too, if, I could find an adaptor to convert the gas inlet to the burner to a rubber hose instead of a threaded cannister.
I was hoping somebody might have done the mod before.

Why not get Ash to fit you one at Stratford? much better than carrying extra bottles:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why not get Ash to fit you one at Stratford? much better than carrying extra bottles:thumb:

its not the BBQ point at issue Paul.....manouche has a cadac with a CANISTER type bottle connection...like a screw-on type connection and no hose/reg....he needs an adaptor to convert the BBQ to calor bottles

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Cadac

I have a Cadac like yours. I run it off a blue Calor gas bottle and use the regulator that you are after.

I got my hose, regulator and the fitting that screws into the Cadac from an online company called.

Make sure you get the right regulator, as there are 2 types that look identical, but are 1mm different in diameter. You need the larger of the 2, but Outdoor Bits will advise.

Hope this helps

Stuart

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Cadac

I have a Cadac like yours. I run it off a blue Calor gas bottle and use the regulator that you are after.

I got my hose, regulator and the fitting that screws into the Cadac from an online company called

Make sure you get the right regulator, as there are 2 types that look identical, but are 1mm different in diameter. You need the larger of the 2, but Outdoor Bits will advise.

They can also supply the part that connects to the outlet point on the side of the van if you have one.

Hope this helps

Stuart

OP
OP
Manouche

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Thanks for that Capin, I'll have a look at Stratford and take it from there.
At least I've got somewhere to start.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back