lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
My Step buzzer has stopped working, i'm assuming a wire has come loose or a dirty sensor. I had a quick look under the van this morning and notices a bit of ducting going into the back of the step, I'm assuming this is the wire for the motor so does anyone know where the sensor is before I start ripping it to bits looking for it. I have thought about checking the fuse which i will do but again I assumed it would be the same one for the motor.

Its on a Globecar/Possl Roadcruiser

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Wish ours would stop working, we can’t stand the noise it makes and it winds the dog up no end. I’d like to replace it with a flashing light.
It doesn't buzz if you take it in :):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
My Step buzzer has stopped working,
Hi , the buzzer will most probably be wired between the incoming supply to the relay (be that an ignition on or an engine run )and the wire that runs to the step switch which is just a path to earth which opens when the step closes...
The buzzer could be located ckose to the relay as that makes it easy to make the connection to the wires i mentioned...but it would make more sense if it was located in the cab...
Andy..

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
The buzzer on mine stopped working and I traced it to the wire from the buzzer to the step cut through because the lazy b##!Ard who converted it had left it under the nearside door step not around the insert. Our buzzer is mounted in the dashboard, it's an Auto Sleeper

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
In Hymers the buzzer is normally under the passenger seat, well it has been in the 3 we have had.

Edit: First one it was under drivers seat but that was RHD.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Ours never buzzes or gets stuck or anything...

It's the latest wireless type so I can stand on it to wash the front of the van too :ROFLMAO:

kampstepupone2011pop.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The buzzer switch is on the step.. it's a rubber shrouded push button , contact is open when the step is retracted.. . they can get stuck 'IN' , so buzzer won't sound when step is out .. will probably just need cleaning.. exercise it and spray with WD or similar .. The buzzer could be anywhere, on ours it was mounted on the box that houses the Schaudt EBL

IMG_0409.jpg

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Buzzer is under passenger seat on the Globecars
As others have said though probably sticking switch

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for the replies everyone, maybe I should have worded it better. I'm not sure if the buzzer isn't working or the switch that tells it the step is in or out. I assume the switch is in the back of the step so when it's I contact with step it knows it's in.
I'll have a look round next week when I've more time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back