Learn to crochet? (3 Viewers)

Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Slight diversity ..but I for one am still doing poppies and attaching to memorials as I go along ... thought this may interest some. :)View attachment 240536 View attachment 240537 View attachment 240537

Have placed 4 more Isla stones today. @ShiftZZ we could do with bit of encouragement ... how is it going? Has Isla got lots of photos?

Joy, there are now over 61,000 members of the Facebook group from all over the world. Stones have now been left on every continent.& someone has tweeted Tim Peake to see if one can go up on the international Space Station. Isla's mum puts updates on how she is every few days. She had a lovely time at the school fete yesterday but was very tired afterwards. If you are on Facebook, look for #islastones & you'll be able to see what's happening x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Broken Link Removed

Charlie, this thread explains them a bit more

Looks like myself and Diane will be joining in with the Isla stones.
Diane loves crafting and has been placing stones amongst beach pebbles for a while hoping kids might find them etc.
Only last night we chatted about doing some new ones here's a picture of a few from last year that have been lying in our caravans rock garden.
FB friend request sent to Isla stones (y)

IMG_5307.jpg

Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Looks like myself and Diane will be joining in with the Isla stones.
Diane loves crafting and has been placing stones amongst beach pebbles for a while hoping kids might find them etc.
Only last night we chatted about doing some new ones here's a picture of a few from last year that have been lying in our caravans rock garden.
FB friend request sent to Isla stones (y)

View attachment 241234

Those stones are beautiful, I look forward to seeing them again when they have been found :)

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
That little Singer sewing machine in the photo above was bought at the boot fair on Saturday and quite by chance we met Alice and Chris there and Alice too had bought a machine. An Husqvarna. I have just been cleaning all the muck out of the Singer and it's a good old-fashioned machine you can strip down and oil away to your heart's content. It is very heavy tho' so perhaps won't be the machine to take to class. I've sent off for all the feet and gadgets like binding foot and ruffler which should be fun working out how they all work:rolleyes: Another toy to add to my collection - 61 years old and purrs along.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
That is really lovely @Janine

War memorials were erected and paid for by subscription which is why there are omissions and why some people are on more than one memorial. I am finding out far more about the politics of the erections of war memorials than I ever wanted to ..... how in at least one place no WWII casualties are commemorated as one of the original subscribers objected for example :(

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Well I have given up on trying to crochet poppies... but have started knitting some. None finished as have to be sewn up :(
I pooped into our closing down Poundland for a few bargains, as you do. The knitting wool at 80p large 100gm ball. They had lots of poppy red. If anyone wants some I can bring to Malvern.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Couldn’t resist posting picture of this little fellow my daughter has just finished. She has been ill since March with severe hyperemesis gravitas but in past two weeks has been able to sit upright and so passed a little time in hospital and at home with knitting therapy.
Please join me in hoping that her pregnancy goes a bit better from now on and little “blob” will enjoy his or her dinosaur!
0F89F72B-D2F0-42D4-873E-27091B44EA0C.jpeg

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Couldn’t resist posting picture of this little fellow my daughter has just finished. She has been ill since March with severe hyperemesis gravitas but in past two weeks has been able to sit upright and so passed a little time in hospital and at home with knitting therapy.
Please join me in hoping that her pregnancy goes a bit better from now on and little “blob” will enjoy his or her dinosaur!
View attachment 241928

I hope your daughter continues to improve. How long does she have to go???

Love the dinosaur, I'm sure it'll be loved by its new owner.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
View attachment 241928
Annie I too hope your daughters pregnancy improves and she can enjoy the blooming stage , love the little dragon and hugs for the new to be grandma!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I hope your daughter continues to improve. How long does she have to go???

Love the dinosaur, I'm sure it'll be loved by its new owner.

Annie I too hope your daughters pregnancy improves and she can enjoy the blooming stage , love the little dragon and hugs for the new to be grandma!

She has just reached 20 weeks. I don’t think she is going to “bloom” as still being sick, just in relative terms a bit better. BMI got down to 17 2 weeks ago so we just want her to put on a little weight and get stronger. We have borrowed a wheelchair from Red Cross to get her out and about a little bit.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have finished the crochet blanket for the motorhome :) It is very hot and heavy so will be ideal for autumn nights and is big enough to cover both of us if we sit in the front seats.

The wedding quilt now has the first little bit of quilting and looks quite dramatic in the black and white.

I have also dug out some fabric to start the drape for the memorial (the bit to sew the poppies onto) so that is the project to replace the blanket in the evenings.

Photos to follow when I find my camera.

@Riverbankannie I hope your daughter feels better soon. It's a horrid thing when everyone thinks you should be over the sickness and you still throw up all the time and everywhere. At least the medical people do recognise how serious it is. I love the dinosaur.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
She has just reached 20 weeks. I don’t think she is going to “bloom” as still being sick, just in relative terms a bit better. BMI got down to 17 2 weeks ago so we just want her to put on a little weight and get stronger. We have borrowed a wheelchair from Red Cross to get her out and about a little bit.
Best wishes for your daughter.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Morning all, this threads a bit quiet at the moment. Wishing all that are unwell or caring for others that aren’t good wishes and hugs.

I’ve been trying to make the shrug for my sister and has stumbled after completing the initial square. However much I try I cannot make head nor tail of the diagram and instructions! I think I may have to call on a crochet expert when I find one. Consequently my cross stitch is getting another airing.

HAve a good Wednesday all x

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We're all busy, busy, busy or hiding from the heat with no energy to do anything, I think.

My cannot-be-bothered levels are sky-high at the moment.

Can you do a link to the instructions and maybe one of us can see if there's an error with the pattern - it has been known!

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We're all busy, busy, busy or hiding from the heat with no energy to do anything, I think.

My cannot-be-bothered levels are sky-high at the moment.

Can you do a link to the instructions and maybe one of us can see if there's an error with the pattern - it has been known!

Thanks Janine - here goes. I’ve screen grabbed the relevant bits, hope it makes sense.
I do not want to start until I know what I’m doing as the yarn is 100% wool and as you know it’s a pain to unravel :)

Attachments

• 36A27C0F-3096-41EF-B707-D19A977B00F2.jpeg
    36A27C0F-3096-41EF-B707-D19A977B00F2.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 47484067-2562-4999-9F17-6516B5950C3B.png
    47484067-2562-4999-9F17-6516B5950C3B.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 85A2E658-A27E-40D9-B07E-1DBDC10C0C2A.png
    85A2E658-A27E-40D9-B07E-1DBDC10C0C2A.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 13

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Sorry @Ven I can't be of any help technically, I'm a complete novice, but just posted so you know you're not alone.

I've almost finished my (very amateur) second panel of my purple blanket. Done two panels the same and will make a middle section that's different. That's in case I run out of wool and have to buy something totally different (y)

It'll either look OK or be a complete "dog's breakfast" :LOL::LOL:. A few more weeks (months) will tell!!!

Reactions: Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Janine, I will give a sensible answer tomorrow when the football Cider has worn off ;)

@jumartoo i’m Sure everyone else will think it’s a lot less of a dogs breakfast than you do :) I look forward to seeing it. I think I’ve posted a few things that that look likes a cats breakfast at least x

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
4F0C88B0-9DE0-48DD-8C1D-C63F6F1C5605.png
Yes @Janine i have finished the initial square to the required size but can’t make head nor tail of how to start the first side. I understand I’ve got to work one row up and down I think but do not get how you do the 3 parts of the diagram A.2 a b c

The pic above is the square diagram I have attempted to follow.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
View attachment 243046 Yes @Janine i have finished the initial square to the required size but can’t make head nor tail of how to start the first side. I understand I’ve got to work one row up and down I think but do not get how you do the 3 parts of the diagram A.2 a b c

The pic above is the square diagram I have attempted to follow.

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

I'm on the ferry to Norway and there are some really talented crocheting ladies on here. I've put mine away :LOL:. The lady next to me is doing a white lacy runner with thin thread and a tiny hook :cry::cry:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back