LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
::bigsmile:riving2:::bigsmile::clap::It's said everyone should do a road trip once in their lives. Well we are just about to begin ours.::bigsmile:riving2:::bigsmile::clap::

We are leaving for Texas on Sunday morning, buying a motorhome then driving north to pick up Route 66, travel west to California, north to Alaska, back down to Niagra Falls then onto Chicago to pick up and complete Route 66 and back down to Texas. A lot of miles to cover in four and a half months.

We'll be back in October so will catch up with you then. Hope to set up a blog and post some pictures if we can, not sure how and when we might get wifi.

We are meeting up for the first time with other funsters in Houston (Oakeyfamily). they are in the process of purchasing their motorhome and hopefully we will get to see them before they head off into the sunset.

Oh no!! we might get withdrawal symptons from MHF, we must get a fix from time to time.

Keep smiling to one and all.

Nigel and Pamala

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Have a wonderful time!

Keep safe - we'll look forward to reading about your trip!:Smile:

It would be great if you did a blog ( I know I'm a fine one to talk as I struggle to keep mine up to date!!) as it's a trip many of us would love to do!:Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hope you both have a good time. drive safely . and dont buy any landrover s while you are there .enjoy your trip . see you soon . cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Have a great time both of you, do keep an eye on us from time to time

Enjoy

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
That certainly is a long trip and will be amazing.

We've done lots of western Canada - including the Yukon and Alaska and we thought that was a lot of miles. :RollEyes:

Enjoy it and keep us posted if you get time.

We'll be in Alberta in July and August if you're around there at that time.

Al & Gill

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Hi Sundowners. Hope you have a great time. BTW. We used Flying 'J' Truck Stops for our Wifi use:-

Link Removed

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
what do you mean buying a motorhome, havent you got one already?:whatthe:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have a great trip, looking forward to the pictures .. :thumb:

I'm also very envious .. safe travels :Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Best of luck Nigel & Pamala, thats what I call a trip, makes some of mine look like a day trip to Blackpool.
We look forward to meeting up when you return.
Dave & Ans.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
have a fantastic trip, pop into chat occasionally when you get a signal. Happy retirement and best wishes to you both.

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
The Summer run has arrived. Time to hit the road again for Europe. Leaving tomorrow and returning around the middle of September. Hitting the beaches along the Portugese and Spainish coast and eventually head for Germany, (Hamburg, my hometown) to see my family.
Been back from India in April after 3 months, itchy feet, time to hit the road.
My sincere wishes to all you guys, hoping you folks will have a wonderful summer, where ever you travel, alone or with family. A safe journey, have fun and take care of yourselves.

David & Ann (D & A:thumb:)

coolasluck

Free Member
May 16, 2010
Funster No
::bigsmile:riving2:::bigsmile::clap::It's said everyone should do a road trip once in their lives. Well we are just about to begin ours.::bigsmile:riving2:::bigsmile::clap::

We are leaving for Texas on Sunday morning, buying a motorhome then driving north to pick up Route 66, travel west to California, north to Alaska, back down to Niagra Falls then onto Chicago to pick up and complete Route 66 and back down to Texas. A lot of miles to cover in four and a half months.

We'll be back in October so will catch up with you then. Hope to set up a blog and post some pictures if we can, not sure how and when we might get wifi.

We are meeting up for the first time with other funsters in Houston (Oakeyfamily). they are in the process of purchasing their motorhome and hopefully we will get to see them before they head off into the sunset.

Oh no!! we might get withdrawal symptons from MHF, we must get a fix from time to time.

Keep smiling to one and all.

Nigel and Pamala

Hi sundowners,im jelous,i thought you were full timing.
We want to do an america adventure in a motorhome,are you buying rather than renting then?I take it you also have a visa as you are over there for 4.5 months.
Im interested to know how you are going to do it.I have been thinking of just doing a road trip in a car accross america in some sort of a van and use cheap motels every other night.I went to america years ago now and did a long tour for about 6 weeks on a mountain bike,fit as a fiddle when i got back and had very often done 100 miles in a day!.Best of luck with yer trip:cry:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well first of all great to hear from you guys.

I wish you all the best on your road trip and hope to hear updates whenever possible.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
have a great trip Nigel and Pamela, Be sure to check your suitcase as I may well be in it:winky:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi have a great trip if your buying a big rv surely you could fit a few funsters in with you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Nigel & Pamela

Have a great trip:thumb:

We fly out on Wednesday. Pick up RV from our storage unit in Florida then start trip on following Wednesday. We leave Fl then head East past New York, Washington, do the North East loop then back to Great lakes Chicago before dropping RV off at PPL in Houston in late July. That'll be all 48 states done then so selling up.

We'll have the laptop & mobile with us so we'll touch base see if we can meet up on the road.

Sent you a pm.
Rory & Jan:thumb:::bigsmile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Well you two you have spent enough time planning and at long last its going to happen - stay save and stay in touch and most of all have a FANTASIC time - good luck

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hey guys have a great trip and be safe :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Good luck hope you have a great time:thumb::thumb: Im sooooooo jealous:Tongue1:::bigsmile:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Enjoy :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Already looking forward to the next time we meet up, to listen to the adventures that you both have had.

I seem to think a weekend meet will not be enough.

Have a great time

Mike & Sally.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi Pammy and Nigel
hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your adventures, keep us informed of your travels and some piccies please.

see you later in the year

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Had a good flight, now sitting in airconditioned lounge of relatives as very hot outside. Nice to relax, finally, had so many things to sort out before we left.

Thanks for all your kind wishes, we'll try and keep you posted when we can.

We are getting overdosed on Dodge Rams, about one in six trucks is a Dodge Ram, that's on our drive back from the airport.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We know it's only five days since we have been here, but we were getting frustrated at
not being able to find the Dodge we wanted, a lot harder to find that we originally thought. The trouble is they are so far away from each other and to do a 200 mile round trip every day just to look at one vehicle was becoming a nightmare.

Well we finally did it last night and bought a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 in white. It's a nice tidy motor, a lot we have seen are real dogs, so we are happy with this one.

We now have our eyes on a couple of truck campers, one we are seeing today which is not too far away and is on the way to a lake where we are going today and the other is a 4 hour drive away, so we will be leaving that til next week.

All we have to do now is wait for our money to come through and then we can go shopping for all of our bits and pieces we will need for our trip.

It looks as though it's going to be a hot one again today - it's now 9.15 a.m. and already 79 degrees. But then we hear that you are having it hot too at the moment.

Will keep you posted when we can.

Nigel and Pamala

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
We know it's only five days since we have been here, but we were getting frustrated at
not being able to find the Dodge we wanted, a lot harder to find that we originally thought. The trouble is they are so far away from each other and to do a 200 mile round trip every day just to look at one vehicle was becoming a nightmare.

Well we finally did it last night and bought a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 in white. It's a nice tidy motor, a lot we have seen are real dogs, so we are happy with this one.

We now have our eyes on a couple of truck campers, one we are seeing today which is not too far away and is on the way to a lake where we are going today and the other is a 4 hour drive away, so we will be leaving that til next week.

All we have to do now is wait for our money to come through and then we can go shopping for all of our bits and pieces we will need for our trip.

It looks as though it's going to be a hot one again today - it's now 9.15 a.m. and already 79 degrees. But then we hear that you are having it hot too at the moment.

Will keep you posted when we can.

Nigel and Pamala

Well done :thumb::thumb:

What engine has it got, is it a 325hp 5.9 :Cool::Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread