Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
can anyone tells me if my fridge is working properly when running on GAS, on EHU it is in full cold temp (according to the fridge thromometer) if i switch it to gas it will take a long time to reach the right temp 24hrs from 12C and during the recent hot days temp will fall to 7/8C during the day and went back to working temp between 4c/0c overnight It is an electrolux 3way fridge, Thanks for reading

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I've found my fridge (on gas) is too efficient - it froze my mushrooms into solid ones! I have to turn it down to a lower temperature setting than when on EHU.

Phil

V

vicdicdoc

Deleted User
On gas, the fridge [should] reach its potential longer than on mains-hookup, on 12v whilst travelling it will just about keep things frozen . . sounds to me like your fridge is working ok but if you want to 'assist' it during the hot weather you could consider fitting a 12v computer type fan either fitted below [to blow] or above the condensing unit [to suck] the hot air away from the cooling tubes & vanes faster

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
I've found my fridge (on gas) is too efficient - it froze my mushrooms into solid ones! I have to turn it down to a lower temperature setting than when on EHU.

Phil

what made is your fridge does it mean mine is not working correctly (on maximum all the time)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
My fridge is a Dometic RM7270.

If I have the fridge on gas running on maximum - it freezes items which are not in the freezer compartment but close to the cooling fins. Therefore, I have to run at less than 1/2 on the thermostat dial when on gas.

If you have to run at maximum on gas I'd be inclined to think it wasn't working as efficiently as it should. Please note I'm not a fridge engineer and could be talking rubbish.

Regards

Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back