Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Plenty of stations around here now a pound a litre especially deisel.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Shell garage still selling at 97.9, lots of others now selling at 102.9 here in West London.

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
shell in oswestry is 101.9p for diesel...i try to avoid..woweeeeeeeeeeeee :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
vegi oil

hi i have a mazda bongo diesel and on the forum for theses lot of owners use veg oil i canot bring myself to try it ,though they say i can without any mods.my rv is lpg but do any of you with dev rv use or considerd it?

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
£1 a Lt

just paid 97.9 per Lt at Jet and put £30 worth in thats about 31lt and then put 20 lt of veg oil in with it .Thats in our landrover discovery td5 and it goes a treat.Betty:thumb:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
hi i have a mazda bongo diesel and on the forum for theses lot of owners use veg oil i canot bring myself to try it ,though they say i can without any mods.my rv is lpg but do any of you with dev rv use or considerd it?

I've considered it but have rejected the idea (rightly or wrongly) for two reasons.

1. I cannot get a definitive answer from Cummins as to whether it has any long term damaging effects on the engine and or fuel pump which both depend on lubrication from the fuel.

2. Most of our driving is in France and beyond where diesel is a lot cheaper.

So on balance I don't feel it is worth the risk...

Now, domestic heating oil (diesel by another name) .. different question .. but I know a few who run their cars on this and at 45p lt I can see the financial benefit but run the risk of being caught and fined heavily.. :Sad:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi jim on my bongo site(bongofury.com) members say it's ok to use vegi oil in summer but avoide it in winter as it gets thick and conjeals have you heard of this?

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
another thought...if one got dev from supermarket with 5% bio fule and a bit of pink from elsewere and mixed it with vegi oil and one was pulled and dipped could they tell?

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Morrisons LPG is still 42.9 though:Smile:

B

baloothebear

Deleted User
Your main problem with Veg.Oil is if you have a Lucas CAV fuel pump. If you have, then don't even think about using Veg. Oil.
Winter use? Get a proper heater in the fuel line and a heated fuel filter housing; they are about

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
another thought...if one got dev from supermarket with 5% bio fule and a bit of pink from elsewere and mixed it with vegi oil and one was pulled and dipped could they tell?

Yes, the tracer dye can be detected even when diluted and remains in the fuel system filter.. :Sad:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp