LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, we have a cigar lighter socket in the front of one of the storage lockers under a front seat. When we plug in to it i.e. laptop it is in the way of our legs. :Eeek:
So I have bought one of those extensions with 3 sockets and a USB connector from Aldi. :thumb: My intention is to remove the existing socket and wire the extension in direct to the old socket supply and place it where it will not get bumped. Now the extension is not switched, so, will it draw power (apart from the LED which shows it is live) when nothing is plugged in? :RollEyes: Or do I need to switch it? Not a problem really but don't want to do it if it is not really needed. ::bigsmile:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When you say an extension & USB socket do you mean it's all in one or 2 separate.
If separate it would only be the LED drawing current in the extension probably about 10ma, if it has the USB built in it will have a DC to DC converter to step the voltage down to 5v but when not in use should only draw a few millamps.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, it is one unit. I do have two 80w solar panels so think I should be OK with it ::bigsmile:. Just thought I would ask the experts. :thumb: Thanks for the reply. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you will be fine, however a word of warning I have just fitted one and had to replace the silly thin cable supplied with one that would take the current.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back