Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Perhaps someone can help me? I have just received an email from Motorhome Today. I have no idea how they got my email address and as far as I can recall have never registered with them. Until now I had never heard of them.

Anyone have any ideas? Is this perhaps a website that has recently changed it's name? It seems to have quite a busy forum. I have no wish to join it as this will only dilute my attentions from those that I wish to be part of.

I don't like unsolicited emails from anywhere unless I have previously registered with them.

Of course it is always possible my grey cells have given up the ghost.

OP
OP
G

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
B****r

:Blush: :Blush: :Blush:

Senior moment or what. Must have at some time registered with them as I have just logged in. Oh shoot. Now you can all take the proverbial.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I had the same email and thought the same as you - then I realised that I had once registered - must be about 3 years ago now! Never actually used the forum since then!

I wonder how you de-register! Don't fancy getting emails when I never actually use the site!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I thought it might have been your big brother that told them,

Doug, 73

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I got the message as well - but I do look at the forum regularly :Smile:

Like any other forum all you have to do to stop such messages is to update your profile. Go into the My Settings section and uncheck the boxes "Send me any updates sent by the board administrator" and "Notify me by e-mail when I get a new personal message"

Graham

OP
OP
G

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I got the message as well - but I do look at the forum regularly :Smile:

Like any other forum all you have to do to stop such messages is to update your profile. Go into the My Settings section and uncheck the boxes "Send me any updates sent by the board administrator" and "Notify me by e-mail when I get a new personal message"

Graham

Good idea I'll go and do that. I don't remember actually registering. Obviously I did because all the login details were current. Must be having a lot of senior moments :ROFLMAO: Think I need to get a grip. ::bigsmile:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Motorhome today was one of the few sites that started after the other MHF site started charging & many of us didn't like what was happening. Used to be quite active & I still visit it occasionally, run by Dave Bess a nice guy. Went on the first rally at Cardiff a few years ago.
No reason not to be a member as sometimes its nice to have conversations with other groups, sometimes there isn't anything worth reading on this site.
I'm actually registered on at least half a dozen forums, sometimes one will get a good thread going. :Eeek:
I don't believe you should be blindly loyal to one club or forum & condem the rest, it's almost like only visiting one spot with your camper. Wind up your jacks & see what other forums are out there. :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I work very hard attracting visitors to this site, and I do mean hard, Its not luck that we appear above motorhome today (who had a 3 year head start on us)in internet searches or on the front page of almost all motorhome search engine results, its because of the early morning and midnight oil I burn most every day of the week.

So you will understand why I sigh when I see posts like this that might direct a visitor, I have worked to get, straight toward a competitor. :Doh:On most every forum on any subject on the internet it is considered poor forum etiquette to mention other forums unless it really is of benefit to the members. I just checked our rules and its thereLink Removed:Smile: Thanks

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
"A competitor" this is a bit of a worrying attitude me thinks...surely enough room for a few different forums especially one as low key as "Today"

Hardly competition.........

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
"A competitor" this is a bit of a worrying attitude me thinks...surely enough room for a few different forums especially one as low key as "Today"

Hardly competition.........

My "attitude" shouldn't worry you, it ensures this forum remains one of the best.

"Hardly Competition" yes that's what they said about motorhomefun 2 years ago::bigsmile:

Happy Hippy

Free Member
May 16, 2010
In my bus
Funster No
MH
Scruffy old bus
Exp
Full time since April 2007, part time since early 80's
Ah Jim, I see where you're coming from, but it can work both ways too, I didn't find this forum from a search engine, I recently heard about it on another forum, one of those competitors, though not the one mentioned in this thread. I'm a member of loads of forums but only active on a few, the ones I like best. You've done and are doing a great job with this forum, I like it, that's why I'm posting here :Smile: Tricky business, this inter-forum politics. I don't think you have much to worry about if some of your members check out your competitors - most likely it will only impress upon them how good this place is by comparison to be honest.

OP
OP
G

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
My "attitude" shouldn't worry you, it ensures this forum remains one of the best.

"Hardly Competition" yes that's what they said about motorhomefun 2 years ago::bigsmile:

Can't argue with that Jim. Sorry :Blush: wasn't really thinking when I posted that and didn't mean to divert attention elsewhere. I should have known better. :Doh:

With your attitude it will remain one of the best sites in my opinion. ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ah Jim, I see where you're coming from, but it can work both ways too, I didn't find this forum from a search engine, I recently heard about it on another forum, one of those competitors, though not the one mentioned in this thread. I'm a member of loads of forums but only active on a few, the ones I like best. You've done and are doing a great job with this forum, I like it, that's why I'm posting here :Smile: Tricky business, this inter-forum politics. I don't think you have much to worry about if some of your members check out your competitors - most likely it will only impress upon them how good this place is by comparison to be honest.

Thanks, I see where your coming from and I'm not worried about it, otherwise I would ban all mention like plenty of other forums do. There you go, this thread, talking about another forum is now back at the top of the front page. :Doh:::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Can't argue with that Jim. Sorry :Blush: wasn't really thinking when I posted that and didn't mean to divert attention elsewhere. I should have known better. :Doh:

With your attitude it will remain one of the best sites in my opinion. ::bigsmile:

No problem Jon, I could work 24 hours a day trying to attract people here, (sometimes it feels like I do:Smile:) But when they get here it the posts and information that you and the other funsters contribute that keep those people here. TEAMWORK Thanks:thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
As an exercise I made a Google search on the words "Motorhome" and Motorhomefun was listed at the 26Th position. I stopped at that position and the other forum "the one that charges", was not listed. But strangely the Swift forum was listed about 4 items before Motorhomefun.

Doug...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Googles Algorithms change all the time you can be position 1 one minute and 20 the next. Also I am sure that the results are slewed by previous searches. Google is very clever, about 2 weeks ago I responded to an advert from eReception a virtual office company, It seems that Google will deliver that advert to me wherever i am

Search term Motorhome Google

People find us with many different keywords, The attachment shows the top 20 search terms used in Google to find us this morning only, I find what people are searching for and make it as easy as possible for Google to find the information.

Attachments

• search terms.png
    search terms.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 17

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back