Free Member
May 27, 2010
North wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2010
Hello all we are newbies have not bought our first motor home yet, but this will be happening within the next 2 weeks. We really like the roller-team 500 & 600. Going to look at a 600 at the weekend. During conversation with the seller he said all of the conversion had been done, I queried what conversion and he said that they were all recalled a while back, re one of the pipes? and that they had all been done. 2008 registration. Has anyone heard of this recall on the rollerteam 600 2008 to date? Would really appreciate any info

Thankyou Gail

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
If it,s a Fiat Ducato based MH, he may have ben referring to the mods that were made to the drainage for the front windscreen scuttle & adding an engine cover. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

gail

Free Member
May 27, 2010
North wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2010
replies to rollerteam recalls

Hi the first reply re: wish to have the 700 recalled, what is your experience with any probs?

The second reply re fiat base, I have just checked and it is stated as a Ford base which we really wanted. mmmm

Thankyou for both. Gail

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Hi the first reply re: wish to have the 700 recalled, what is your experience with any probs?

The second reply re fiat base, I have just checked and it is stated as a Ford base which we really wanted. mmmm

Thankyou for both. Gail

mines that damp im suprised its not got coral reef in the back :ROFLMAO: ive heard the 600's are the same something to do with the garage door

OP
OP
G

gail

Free Member
May 27, 2010
North wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2010
ohhhh thankyou

Wow thankyou for that, one of my brothers did specifically say check all that out, wow thanks Jim.:thumb:

OP
OP
G

gail

Free Member
May 27, 2010
North wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2010
investigation re roller team recall

Apparently the recall for this particular 600 rollerteam was for a cap blowing off a pipe in the ford engine, very small job done under warranty. no probs with damp on the 600 not sure about 600g = 600 garage.

Gail

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
:cry:Dont say this, we have a Roller Team 600 on a Ford chassis, not had any recall notice and its a 2008 model on a 09 plate. We havent got any damp that I am aware of!!

Dale

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
:cry:Dont say this, we have a Roller Team 600 on a Ford chassis, not had any recall notice and its a 2008 model on a 09 plate. We havent got any damp that I am aware of!!

Dale

just get it checked mate, its the garage doors ive been told, ive only had 1 problem with the ford side power steering pump went and ford sorted it straight away.

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
rollerteam recall

the recall was in the engine bay, where the power sreering pipe enters into the pump.
some had problems with the pipe blowing off the pump with the pressure.
a collar was fitted over the pipe where it joins the pump to solve the problem.

as far as damp i had a few issues at the first habitation check , but has been resolved effectively,
just been all over the van with a damp meter and everything is fine.

OP
OP
G

gail

Free Member
May 27, 2010
North wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2010
sounds all good news

Im pleased someone has agreed there WAS a recall it seemed an odd thing to say if there hadnt been, and as for the possible damp in 600 or700s I spoke to someone from rollerteam today and they assured me that if in the unlikely event the prob did present it would be sorted by the company. So this is the one for us.

Thankyou for everyones help today and ill keep checking in.:Smile:

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Im pleased someone has agreed there WAS a recall it seemed an odd thing to say if there hadnt been, and as for the possible damp in 600 or700s I spoke to someone from rollerteam today and they assured me that if in the unlikely event the prob did present it would be sorted by the company. So this is the one for us.

Thankyou for everyones help today and ill keep checking in.:Smile:

ive been trying to get the damp sorted in mine for the last 2 years (august 08) be careful is all i will say.

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
the recall was in the engine bay, where the power sreering pipe enters into the pump.
some had problems with the pipe blowing off the pump with the pressure.
a collar was fitted over the pipe where it joins the pump to solve the problem.

as far as damp i had a few issues at the first habitation check , but has been resolved effectively,
just been all over the van with a damp meter and everything is fine.

did the damp problem get sorted out at grimsby? mines booked in september to be done, we have not had a recall from ford i might give them a bell.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I think I might give Simpsons at Great Yarmouth a call and see what they have to say about a recall to put my mind at rest.

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
damp

hi tommy.
no the damp was sorted at crossleys coachcraft at leyland, they made some interesting modifications to the van.
i think i bought from the same place as you (ha-ha-ha) and no i wouldn't buy from them again.
good luck for september.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back