Gas Check for Hiring (1 Viewer)

Droop

Free Member
Feb 8, 2008
Funster No
I'm told I need a Gas Safe engineer with a LPG qualification.

Any idea where I might get this done around the Notts/Derbyshire border and how much I should expect to pay?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you google gas safe. they tell can tell you where and when .they list some places if i remember correct.they are very helpfull.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi does the gas check need doing after every hire or just annually ? curious that's all :Smile:
terry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
terry google gas safe there is loads of info there .all the rules etc .cheers alan.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Cheers Alan, no need I/ we do our own checks :thumb: was just curious if it needed checking after every hire - I use one of the gaslow regulators with the gauge on so check for leaks every time we turn the gas bottle on and off
terry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i do the same ,just thought you might find it intersting . there arent many gas fitters with papers to work on m,homes .its quite a special thing. corgi was never qualified .

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Will do Alan :thumb: when I get a little time to spare.Both my mate and cousin are LPG and gas safe qualified but neither does anything on m/h or caravans.Usually find myself doing things and they have a look when calling a few months later :ROFLMAO:
terry

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
I'm told I need a Gas Safe engineer with a LPG qualification.

Any idea where I might get this done around the Notts/Derbyshire border and how much I should expect to pay?

Hi Droop

If you are hiring out then yes you need a Gas Safe Engineer

You can use my Gas Trainer and/or my Gas Assessor who are both certificated and registered with gas Safe. They work part time here at College and the rest of the time they work for themselves. I'm sure if you give them a call they will may oblige.

The trainer is in Italy at the moment on holiday so it depends on how desperate you are.

pm on the way with phone numbers

Regards
Pammy

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
For hiring, it does need checking every year, as does a hab check. You should also maintain and keep maintenance records and 6 weekly checks, and a tv licence.

Make sure fire extinguishers are checked, electrical appliiances checked, first aid kit up to date etc. Beginning of the season is always a headache!!:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
From a duty of care perspective You should also have a full electrical safety inspection complete with a certificate stating that all is well:thumb:
My son Simon carries out such inspections AND CERTIFICATION
He is Notts based, as Im Pammys better half:Doh: both gas and electrical tests could be carried out here at Pecks Hill Garage in Mansfield
A habitation check may well cover the basics but no certificate will be issue:cry:
Geo

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
pammy is the woman who knows .very knowledgable and if she says she can organise it i believe her. we have had a few chats about this subject and she does know her stuff. cheers alan.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
From a duty of care perspective You should also have a full electrical safety inspection complete with a certificate stating that all is well:thumb:
My son Simon carries out such inspections AND CERTIFICATION
He is Notts based, as Im Pammys better half:Doh: both gas and electrical tests could be carried out here at Pecks Hill Garage in Mansfield
A habitation check may well cover the basics but no certificate will be issue:cry:
Geo

three seperate and completely different business's able to work from the one building......now thats a true family run outfit .:thumb::roflmto:
keep touting Geo :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back