Touring Brittany (1 Viewer)

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We are off to France again next week dispite the last trips ordeal with the bad weather , This time we think Brittany will do , so all you seasoned travellers where do we head for ? to find nice Aires / Campsites somewhere beachy with nice places to cycle and walk we just want to have a good " CHILL OUT " we have only been as far as Dinan and then south to Lorient in the past.

westbay

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
Just come back from there. Our favorite was Tregier N48 47.402' W03 13.863'

Lovely flat Aire, overlooking the river. Walk up through woods to town centre. Good cafe on corner called Le Penalty with free wifi.. Only thing is the Sani - the dump station is working fine, but there is no drinking water - try down by the boats there is a tap on the wall of the little hut.

A very quiet Aire with a nice town behind it, and close enough to the coast.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Two of our favourites..

Plougonvelin (south coast)

GPS 48.338828,-4.706297
€5 with 16a ehu, 500mt to the beach, local shops about 1 ml.

Great aire, on headland, all grass pitches screened by high hedges, no limit on stay.

Link Removed

Plouha at Le Palus-Plage (north coast )

GPS.48.676581,-2.885327

Free aire, right on the beach, local cafe' and shop, town shops about 3km , fishing, boat launching, safe swimming, pick oysters off the rocks at low tide..+ coastal walks.

Link Removed

Location Map

There are plenty more around the coast, and it's also fun finding new ones .. :Smile:

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, get the aires book and keep following the coast .brittany as the most aires in any region of france.britany is the best place to be ,its not really france. its brettany. find a village look for the church .always good
for parking (not weekends).
just drift from one aire to another . i find the french campers in france great to be with .
have fun cheers alan.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just dont go this time of year expecting Mediterranean sunshine.....You will need a fleece and waterproof:Smile:

also sea side towns will be very quiet, some thing's will be open but not much...if you have a decent bit of weather it will be fine otherwise a bit grim:Sad:

We like it around Carnac southern Brittany and had a nice week there cycling and what not whitsun 2008. last year we went to the Loire and it was sooooo much nicer weather. this half term we are of to southern Vendee coast for more cycling

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Lincolnshire Rover......we are also going to Brittany......starting Sunday or Monday we will be off through Normandy to tour around Brittany for 4 weeks... starting in southern Brittany hoping it to be warmer and then working around to the northern parts of Brittany the idea is after 4 weeks the north should be warming up, then back into Normandy and home.......

Not sure what route you will be taking but look out for us....and say Hello.

We have just come back (two weeks ago) from 3 weeks in the mid France going east into Rhone-alps then back home...it was hot weather in the 100deg F... I am not kidding... so don't be put off,..... you just do not know what weather you will get..............me I lived in shorts and polo shirts, sat on many river, canal banks fishing...freshwater fishing for the first time for many many years, well since I was in my teens.....what with the weather it was great.

Mel :thumb:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
The weather has been iffy over here lately. We spent most of April and early may in the Dordogne and The Pyrenees and it was cracking weather but the last two weeks have been poor. It looks like it will improve by next week though. It seems the same all over France. I find this site for weather tracking really good and its accurate. http://france.meteofrance.com/france/accueil?xtor=AL-1

Currently working our way back up and will be in Brittany tomorrow. The stretch from St Malo to Roscoff is my favourite. Simply stunning around every corner.

Cheers
BD

OP
OP
L

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
Just had 4 nights at Des Ilots as recomended on this forum between St Malo and Cancale 3.70e pn inc electric really good site and place to visit at present we are at Binic 11e pn on CC / ASCI site inc Wi-Fi weather could be better but weekend forcast is a bit grim last weekend was great but we had heavy rain and thunderstorms on Tuesday.
moving to Poulga and then to Huelgoat and then along the Loire aroung Angers later on.:thumb:

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
Just dont go this time of year expecting Mediterranean sunshine.....You will need a fleece and waterproof:Smile:

also sea side towns will be very quiet, some thing's will be open but not much...if you have a decent bit of weather it will be fine otherwise a bit grim:Sad:

We like it around Carnac southern Brittany and had a nice week there cycling and what not whitsun 2008. last year we went to the Loire and it was sooooo much nicer weather. this half term we are of to southern Vendee coast for more cycling

hi judgemental i am going to the loire next week would appreciatte any info on sites or aires you stayed at i am heading to saumur area from le havre then across to southern brittany coast around carnac area thanks for any feedback

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Just had 4 nights at Des Ilots as recomended on this forum between St Malo and Cancale 3.70e pn inc electric really good site and place to visit at present we are at Binic 11e pn on CC / ASCI site inc Wi-Fi weather could be better but weekend forcast is a bit grim last weekend was great but we had heavy rain and thunderstorms on Tuesday.
moving to Poulga and then to Huelgoat and then along the Loire aroung Angers later on.:thumb:

We were wild camping between Cancal and Rotheneuf on the Tuesday night. About 3 miles north of Rotheneuf there is a couple of car park fields on the cliff top. Fantastic views. We were the only van there and one of the highest objects on the cliff. The lightning hit the ground or a tree or something on the next cliff about a mile away and there was a massive flash on the ground. I started to wonder if we would be next but it was quite exciting to be stood on the cliff top in the middle of the night watching it.

Lovely part of Brittany. Currently in Normandy near Caen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back