Bedoin/Ventoux - France (1 Viewer)

durhamwasp

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Funster No
Anyone camped there? How was the aire in Bedoin? or any reviews on campsites?

Im going there in September for 2 nights and looking at staying at La Garenne campsite.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Anyone camped there? How was the aire in Bedoin? or any reviews on campsites?

Im going there in September for 2 nights and looking at staying at La Garenne campsite.

We stayed on the aire at Bedoin last Sept (10th & 11th). 3 Eu/night. Man calls for money at approx 9.30 am.
8.30 am the frenchies vacated to a car park opposite the aire, then returned late afternoon.
There is a municipal campsite adjacent which looked ok, and we thought about using it, but the swimming pool ( yes, on a municipal) was closed for the season. It was 31 deg in the shade.

Lovely village & cafes, just sit and watch all the cyclists setting off for the climb up Ventoux.
We went up (scooter power) good views and an aire almost on the top.
May call in again this Sept on way down to Provence.

regards
Allen

ps: your name looks familiar, have you been 'wildcamping' ?

Last edited:

steveheather

Free Member
Aug 13, 2009
Bourne, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Pro
Exp
8 Years
Camping/Aire Bedoin

Hi there,

I don't have any knowledge of Camping La Garenne at Bedoin but I did stay a few nights at the municipal aire in Bedoin last October.

The aire is sited on spacious grassy but sandy ground on the edge of the village adjacent to the municipal Camping La Pinede which was closed for the season when we were there. The aire was gratuit for parking at the time but there was a 2 Euro charge for water at the nearby borne. The municipal swimming pool is also adjacent.
There are good views from the aire to the south and shelter from any northerly winds by the pine forest sloping up to the rear. I can vouch for the fact that the grassy ground is stable to park on as at one point we were stood in several inches of rain water which drained away in a few hours leaving firm ground. The attractive old town is within easy walking distance.

While there, you will of course want to drive over Mont Ventoux. May I also recommend a leisurely drive along the little frequented Gorges de la Nesque Link Removed and a visit to the very attractive small town of Sault which has a convenient aire. Views of Ventoux and the surrounding area from Sault on a sunny morning are not to be missed.

I have spent much time in this, one of my favourite areas of France, over the years. Give me a PM if you have any questions that I may be able to help with.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

durhamwasp

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Funster No
Thanks a lot for the replies. Theres 6 of us going there to cycle Ventoux and join the "Cingles du ventoux".

Ive seen there are 4 campsites there, and they don't take reservations for short stays of 2 nights. I'm pretty sure there will be spaces in all of them in September when we go though, and theres always the aire to fall back on. Really we want to be on a site for using showers etc and the slight extra security of having a van full of about £5k's worth of bikes.

We are doing a pretty hardcore drive there from Dunkirk in one day, about 1000km. Theres 5 of us can drive the van so 2 hrs each shouldnt be too bad.

Interesting that you said there is an aire near the top of Ventoux, anyone got any links to it or pics of it?

Walburga - yep ive done a fair bit of wildcamping!

steveheather

Free Member
Aug 13, 2009
Bourne, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Pro
Exp
8 Years
Gorges de la Nesque

Hi again,

I didn't realise you were a cyclist at the time of my previous reply otherwise I would have recommended the Gorges de la Nesque even more enthusiastically as it is a cyclists dream and worth taking in as part of a Ventoux ride rather than the main road that goes to Sault from Carpentras which is a bit soulless when in the saddle.
There is also a delightful riverside campsite at the western end of the gorge at Villes-sur-Auzon which is open late into the year and is popularly frequented by cyclists as a base for attacking either the gorge or Ventoux.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back