Free Member
Feb 7, 2009
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
?C Class
Exp
3 months
Can anyone help!! Our gas works now and again!! We went away and the first stop couldn't get the gas through so drove to a dealer checked again outside the gate and it worked! had three nights away, switch it off ,then it wouldn't come back on!! drove fifty miles tried again and it worked! drove home tried it and it wouldn't come through again!:cry:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
A bit more information would be helpful , bulkhead or bottle regulator , type of gas your using etc....

Mark

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as Mark (CLS) said...a bit more info needed but i would suspect the regulator being faulty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Another question - do you turn the gas off at the bottle when you travel?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
only turn it off when changing bottle .if you turn it off when travelling the gas fridge stops working. for about 11quid you can get a multi -purpose safety fitting comes with a gauge it cuts out the flow of gas in the unlikely event of a pipe breakage or excess gas flow. from bes the fittings people.part no.12763. google bes ...you may never buy fittings from anyone else again.

Geoff

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Evesham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on & off for 20 yrs
only turn it off when changing bottle .if you turn it off when travelling the gas fridge stops working. for about 11quid you can get a multi -purpose safety fitting comes with a gauge it cuts out the flow of gas in the unlikely event of a pipe breakage or excess gas flow. from bes the fittings people.part no.12763. google bes ...you may never buy fittings from anyone else again.

I think you miss typed the above part no.

I believe the part no. should be 12673.

Regards Geoff.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you are correct i wrote it down right and its in front of me now.they do a good cataloge if you tick the right boxes .
there is also one in the reimo cat. but cant find a price .
soory to confuse you
cheers alan.

alan'n'bev

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Funster No
gas on or off

do i leave the gas on or off while traveling on my fridge it as a safety cut off if the gas goes out or is it just better to use the 12 volt battery and just use the gas when we are parked for the night:RollEyes:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
do i leave the gas on or off while traveling on my fridge it as a safety cut off if the gas goes out or is it just better to use the 12 volt battery and just use the gas when we are parked for the night:RollEyes:

personally i cant see the point of burning gas, even with the safety valve, when you are already producing the leccy needed to run on 12v when driving.
once the fridge is down to temp the 12v will hold it there until you turn on the gas or 230v hookup when pitched.

alan'n'bev

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Funster No
gas on or off

yes your right i never thought of that, and i will take that advice, me been new to all this,great tip on here thanks to all:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back