Kevfromwales

Free Member
May 13, 2009
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Problem with Fiat mh 600se when travelling I lose all power and when I stop and wait a few minutes it will start again and then after a few or more miles it does the same again.:Sad:

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Help

Problem with Fiat mh 600se when travelling I lose all power and when I stop and wait a few minutes it will start again and then after a few or more miles it does the same again.:Sad:

Hi Kev, Have you checked that the fuel tank vent is not blocked?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Had similar happen with a renault car, it was found to be a faulty sensor, trouble was because it was intermittant it took ages to find the problem as everytime they hooked up it showed no problems anywhere, and it was like - not that we dont believe you but we cant find anything wrong

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Had the same problem with my deisel golf, would happen at the most inconvenient times. It needed a new relay switch.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi same type of problem was caused by air flow meter
terry

OP
OP
Kevfromwales

Kevfromwales

Free Member
May 13, 2009
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Had similar happen with a renault car, it was found to be a faulty sensor, trouble was because it was intermittant it took ages to find the problem as everytime they hooked up it showed no problems anywhere, and it was like - not that we dont believe you but we cant find anything wrong

I know how you feel nightmare

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi
Check the hoses that go to and from the turbocharger. These ofetn become loose and if the airflow into the turbo is disrupted the EMS puts the engine into "limp home mode" so you will only get 30mph ou of it to stop you blowing things up. Just a thought
Phill

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And if this was a bike or a SMALL Fiat such as a Panda and the like I would have said inlet icing

The air being drawn in freezes and reduces the inlet tract ( effectively chocking the poor thing )

Stop, the heat from the engine melts the ice in the tract and all is fine again ( for a while )

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Charge relay on its' way out. They sometimes get sticky, and they stop charging so the engine will cut out to protect itself. You may find the battery light pops on for a second before it stalls. Not too expensive.

You could try popping the relay out and checking the connections, may just be dirty - check your drive belt tension as well in case it is slipping.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
had the same problem with a v/hall frontera diesel it started like your and got worse over a few weeks eventually found a tiny hairline crack in a injector pipe changed that and was fine after that.

Gerry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back