Parking ticket in Penrith - challenged (1 Viewer)

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Parked in the council carpark in the center of Penrith with a valid ticket.
As my motorhome is too big for a car bay I parked in one of three coach bays.

Got back from shopping to find a parking ticket for 'using wrong parking area for that class of vehicle'.

£70.00 fine reduced to £35.00 if you pay up within 14 days.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It will be interesting to hear the outcome of your challenge

Just for information

Courtesy of Graham's MotorHomeParking.co.uk
PENRITH
Please note that the parking arrangements will be subject to change in the near future due to the establishment of the new Southend Road development in Penrith town centre. At the present time, there are no designated parking bays for motorhomes or caravans in the car parks. Drivers of motorhomes are advised to park in the general parking bays in Southend Road Inner car park. If the motorhome overhangs the bay to the rear, it is advisable to purchase two parking tickets, as two bays are effectively being occupied. There are no height restrictions. There are public toilet facilities within the car park. Although vehicles can be left for a maximum of 24 hours, the Parking Order states that the vehicle may not be left in the parking place for the purposes of ‘sleeping, camping, or cooking.’ There is no restricted access to the car park.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Definitely an interesting one and I too look forward to the outcome.

You don't say which council car park but the Eden Council web site Here (link from my page which Jim mentions) actually says that "Motorhomes and cars pulling caravans, which are too large to fit in the standard parking bays are permitted to park within a parking bay marked for coaches in Sandgate car park Penrith.". The same page lists Sandgate as the only one in Penrith with coach bays.

I would expect, however, that you would have to pay the car rate rather than taking advantage of the free concession for coaches.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Well spotted.
I was parked in Sandgate with a valid ticket, called the council yesterday and eventually after quoting their website they confirmed that I was permitted to park in a coach bay.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well spotted.
I was parked in Sandgate with a valid ticket, called the council yesterday and eventually after quoting their website they confirmed that I was permitted to park in a coach bay.

Good. Everyone makes mistakes. The fact that the council have admitted they have done so and made amends is to their credit.

Graham

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Not sorted out yet, I've email the challenge but they will only respond in writing.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Nice one:thumb:
Youve got to have a laugh though:ROFLMAO:
When the police sent me a pic of me speeding and a fixed penaly I sent them a pic of my Cheque :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sutton133

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
One year
Nice one:thumb:
Youve got to have a laugh though:ROFLMAO:
When the police sent me a pic of me speeding and a fixed penaly I sent them a pic of my Cheque :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I tried that, too, Geo.

Coppers sent me back a photo of their tow truck and a crushing machine... :Eeek:

mejulie

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Caversham,Reading
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Parking ticket in Penrith

Parked in the council carpark in the center of Penrith with a valid ticket.
As my motorhome is too big for a car bay I parked in one of three coach bays.

Got back from shopping to find a parking ticket for 'using wrong parking area for that class of vehicle'.

£70.00 fine reduced to £35.00 if you pay up within 14 days.
I had a similar experience in Penzance Harbour car park. As the van is too long for a car space you have to use 2 spaces and pay the price for a commercial vehicle which is £7 but that's for a whole day. However, I parked in the only double space available which was next to a builders van, but he had parked right on the white line which meant that I was just over the white line so ended up with a ticket for taking up 4 spaces. Infuriating:Mad::moon:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back