Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the interior looks a bit like an old style Winnebago without the steroids?:RollEyes:

I've just got round to reading May's Which Motorcaravan and it seems to me that they've just tried to put as much 'bling' in it as possible to support the £70k price tag. I've never been a big fan of the IH emblem everywhere, but have always appreciated that they do build some very well screwed together 'vans, but this new van is just way OTT. Now if it had a much more 'contemporary' interior, still quality, but less bling, I bet they'd sell a few more to the well-to-do younger folk, but at the moment there's no way I'd touch one with a barge pole, gold plated or not (not that I've got that sort of money anyway!). :Eeek:

Link Removed

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the interior looks a bit like an old style Winnebago without the steroids?:RollEyes:

I've just got round to reading May's Which Motorcaravan and it seems to me that they've just tried to put as much 'bling' in it as possible to support the £70k price tag. I've never been a big fan of the IH emblem everywhere, but have always appreciated that they do build some very well screwed together 'vans, but this new van is just way OTT. Now if it had a much more 'contemporary' interior, still quality, but less bling, I bet they'd sell a few more to the well-to-do younger folk, but at the moment there's no way I'd touch one with a barge pole, gold plated or not (not that I've got that sort of money anyway!). :Eeek:

Link Removed

we are a very particular group of owners (cocks nose in the air) they do not appeal to the commoner:ROFLMAO:

sorry Mel could not resist it the new one is a bit marmite

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The foto's are making a great job of making it look fantastic .. But I could never go back to a having a van that required the making up of beds every night .. Would drive me bonkers nowadays ! :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Those lower-level cupboard/shelf thingies in the rear corners look in just the right position to bash your head.

I didn't see this particular IH model at the NEC, but did have a nosey round another of their coachbuilts. To me, the build quality seemed excellent, but definitely over-blinged for my taste and those multiple IH symbols are an instant turn-off. One, or maybe just two, would be quite enough for us to get the message, thank you Mr IH!

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
IH

Looked at ad in May MMM and can't say I was blown away by it Not for me thank you but will look insde when I see one at a show out off interest.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back