Might Re-Selfbuild our van. Thoughts on this design? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Been a bit slow the last week as moved house.

The plan was for the house to go as the van was finished, but I've made so many changes that didn't happen. Instead I'm parked up on my Dad's drive in N. Wales while I finish the van. Whilst living in it :)

Actually it works quite well as I lay there at night working out small details or how to get a fixing neat here and there.

Going to crack on with the water system today. The water heater is already fitted, as are pipes that run through the floor from one side of the van to the other.

Decided to use 15mm Speedfit pipework and fittings everywhere, with 1/2 BSP fittings where needed (no barbs or jubilee clips anywhere). Here's a drawing showing what's going in:
Water-System-1.3.jpg

I have everything to fit apart from the water filter (3M) that should arrive later this week and the winter tank (removable) which I'll order later in the year.

Hopefully finish the gas install today as well. Most is in, but I need to run two pipes under the chassis (all armoured pipe with stainless rubber clips) for the oven and BBQ point, plus fit the manifold now I know exactly where I want it.

Weather is lovely again here today :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Are we gonna get some piccies soon ... :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Are we gonna get some piccies soon ... :)

Yep - as soon as I get an area fairly finished :)

At the moment it looks like the building site it is. Hoping to fit the whole electrical system later this week and with that fitted I can finish the bed area. I'll post images then :)

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Cut all the panels for the Missus's wardrobe today. Surely this is a big enough robe for anyone in a van :)

IMG_20180626_165327.jpg

Loads more done as well. Inverter is in, solar connected, SB connected, most of gas in, most of water in - starting to take shape at long last.

Also finished all the panels shown above with Woca to dry overnight. I'll Poly them in the morning then fit. Off to plumbers merchant first thing for a couple of bits to finish gas and water, then I can finish the bed area. Fingers crossed for a good day as this van needs to be fairly usable by the weekend :rolleyes:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Great job Wissel as usual, after reading all your build threads etc something strikes me. You must be a magician to get so much gear, so many accessories, so much design, innovation and thought into a.

6 metre PVC.
Well bloody done, it's an amazing job. If I didn't know better i would have thought you were designing a 9 metre motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Great job Wissel as usual, after reading all your build threads etc something strikes me. You must be a magician to get so much gear, so many accessories, so much design, innovation and thought into a.

6 metre PVC.
Well bloody done, it's an amazing job. If I didn't know better i would have thought you were designing a 9 metre motorhome.
Its all in minute scale though ... he's only 1ft tall ... :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back