New Year 2010 ? (1 Viewer)

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
Sorry, I know that we have only just got rid of the taste of Chocolate Easter Eggs and relishing the thought of summer BBQ's before even having to think of the winter months again. However, wondered if anyone knew of a good site in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire or Somerset that would be open over the New Year. We have never taken the Motor Home out over the festive period but have read some good articles from those that have. We are looking for somewhere where either like minded people get together and bring in the New Year or a site that perhaps has a club which puts on some form of entertainment. I know it is a big ask but reckon such places probably get booked up pretty early.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the funsters have a new year meet each year but it may not be close enough for you.

2008 was at Grantham and 2009 was in cheshire.
the sites chosen are at pubs and a group new years eve meal is arranged.
i believe last year the pub provided a seperate function room and entertainment F.O.C. for the funsters new years eve partying.

the distance may be great but the fun is even greater.

OP
OP
B

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
the funsters have a new year meet each year but it may not be close enough for you.

2008 was at Grantham and 2009 was in cheshire.
the sites chosen are at pubs and a group new years eve meal is arranged.
i believe last year the pub provided a seperate function room and entertainment F.O.C. for the funsters new years eve partying.

the distance may be great but the fun is even greater.

How long in advance are such gatherings advertised and any idea where it will be this year. Not adverse to the travelling but depends just how much time I can have before returning to work :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
its usually arranged by Bryan(admin) and Suzy and will appear in the meets calendar well in advance.

cant remember for sure but i think we had around 20 vans at grantham.
between us and the 26 caravans on site as well we managed to trip the whole site more than once on new years eve/day.
usually over 3 or 4 days but you dont have to stay if you dont want to.

OP
OP
B

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
Our initial thoughts were to try and get to whatever location on the 30th Dec and depart on the 2nd Jan (should have sobered up by then :ROFLMAO:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back