All the Aires France 2nd Edition...on sale! Any other must haves? (1 Viewer)

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
As a France newbie, I was advised to get this book.

Top tip: 2 quid cheaper than Amazon(which incidentally is out of stock) and if you use promotion code ukmoto you get 75p off. Making it almost 3 quid cheaper http://www.vicarious-shop.com/product.php?productid=3&cat=0&page=1

I was advised to get France Passion, but not sure if I can cram it in in my 2.5 weeks or I will be going to France again this year? Maybe something for next time / 2011 as I plan to start my European MH touring alot earlier next year :thumb:

So are they any other recommendation for must have books etc?

Dave

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
If you are taking a laptop then the CAMPING CAR INFOS has a USB memory stick that as the website listing over 5000 aires in France & about 3500 in other countries with information & pictures on most of them. You can download the co-ords for free for your GPS.

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
Caravan Club Europe Book (cannot remember if it is book 1 or 2) but lists lots of sites large and small. Alan Rogers camping guides is also very useful.

Website - www.france-voyage.com/en/ (This is a brilliant website) :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
The book has arrived and flicking through the Northern France, Normandy & Brittany pages to find top aires.

Any top tips :winky:

As a France newbie, I was advised to get this book.

Top tip: 2 quid cheaper than Amazon(which incidentally is out of stock) and if you use promotion code ukmoto you get 75p off. Making it almost 3 quid cheaper http://www.vicarious-shop.com/product.php?productid=3&cat=0&page=1

I was advised to get France Passion, but not sure if I can cram it in in my 2.5 weeks or I will be going to France again this year? Maybe something for next time / 2011 as I plan to start my European MH touring alot earlier next year :thumb:

So are they any other recommendation for must have books etc?

Dave

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
wait till you get to france .pop into a big super market you can buy th aires book for about a fiver. cheers alan.

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
eh!? now you tell me!!

I presume it is not the book I bought? But another version?

wait till you get to france .pop into a big super market you can buy th aires book for about a fiver. cheers alan.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
+ wont it be in french!? For the man whose only phrase is 'je suis une fromage'....its gonna be a bit of show-stopper :Doh:

Won't be a problem.. you soon learn the few words needed to understand the entries and the symbols are self explanatory.

IMO .. the French published Aires books ( there are several) can't be between, and they have ALL the Aires , over 3,000 ..

as already said, wait till you hit France and pick one up at a Hypermarket, garage or book store..

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dont forget a french to english dictionary .forget phrase books .aires book is really esy to understand and using the dict .should help your understanding of the french language.
gratuite == free . 4 or 5e is same as in english. i still use a 1999 book of aires .there are so many now you fall over them drive around and you cant miss them .
thats if you stay off m,ways and keep to nice sleepy french n roads.
visit every village there is usually a good place to park .ask the locals .ha ha
learn francais tres bonne se non probleme.
cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back