zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
That is the extent of my french. Off to the France in July, I have approx 6 weeks to gain a basic vocabulary.

Do anybody know of any websites where I can download a mp3 so I can listen on my phone etc.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Can't help with the mp3, but I would suggest you also buy a dictionary/phrasebook made of paper like in the old days. :Smile: After 6 weeks your accent will probably not be that good, and even the right words might be misunderstood, so it can help to be able to point to the phrase or words as well.

Hope that helps Camembert

David

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Bucket....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Mon espoir de Pleasure.I il est ce qui étiez ensuite vous.

_Thumbnail%5CAnimated%20Gifs%5CObjects%5CBuckets%5Cbucket-motion1-white.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Je suis une fromage, my name is cheese?? doesn't like a very useful phrase. ::bigsmile:

Olley

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I think you better brush up on your francais mon aimee :Doh:

but you be surprised how far you can get with 'je suis une fromage'....an asylum or marched back to calais and thrown on the ferry :Eeek:

Je suis une fromage, my name is cheese?? doesn't like a very useful phrase. ::bigsmile:

Olley

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Might help to take pics of significant things on your mobile phone. (Toilet / egg / bacon / bread / policeman, etc.)
Then showing the photo of what you weant may make life easier.

"I am a cheese" probably wont be enough to get by on.

John

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
That is the extent of my french. Off to the France in July, I have approx 6 weeks to gain a basic vocabulary.

Do anybody know of any websites where I can download a mp3 so I can listen on my phone etc.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi Dave!

On the home page toolbar, enter in the search box "french language lessons" you will find a few french lessons i've given a year or so ago. Jump directly to page 6 (the pages before are just blah blah blah). the links to audio lessons are unfortunatly not available anymore as they haven't been downloaded for ages. It might help you. If you need to hear the pronounciation we have now a chatroom with audio/video, so if you wish i can help you with it during the week end.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

PS: and by the way fromage is masculin so you are UN fromage ...not UNE lol

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Just a wee look at that thread and you gave me an idea...youtube.

So with the top tips you guys have given and youtube. I should be able to do a crash course. I am hoping all that stuff I learnt 35 (cough) years ago is still in there and just waiting to be released...like magic, but without the wand, and locked in a box and immersed in a tank of freezing water :RollEyes:

I might take you up on that offer once I get some words/phrases in the old bonce. So watch this space...

So until then mon amie it's auf wiedersehen :Doh:

Hi Dave!

On the home page toolbar, enter in the search box "french language lessons" you will find a few french lessons i've given a year or so ago. Jump directly to page 6 (the pages before are just blah blah blah). the links to audio lessons are unfortunatly not available anymore as they haven't been downloaded for ages. It might help you. If you need to hear the pronounciation we have now a chatroom with audio/video, so if you wish i can help you with it during the week end.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

PS: and by the way fromage is masculin so you are UN fromage ...not UNE lol

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
Sorry if this is disheartening but...fromage is masculine so back to skool four ewe.
It should be Je suis UN fromage.:winky:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Now you see why photos of the English look so cheerful. Say "Cheese" and you get a beaming smile.

Say "Fromage", your jaw drops, the corners of your mouth droop and you look thoroughly miserable.

Neanmoins, we love everything Froggie, even the pissoirs...

I also entirely agree with silver fox about taking a real live dictionary, a small one, on your wanderings. It works both ways of course - froggie can show you what one of our friends here refers to as a proctologist's happy hunting ground in French

Have a good voyage. They are pinching an increasing amount of our language. When I was a lad, there were only two French words with a 'W' - whisky and wagon. Dammit, they've now even got 'le weekend'.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I also entirely agree with silver fox about taking a real live dictionary, a small one, on your wanderings. It works both ways of course - froggie can show you what one of our friends here refers to as a proctologist's happy hunting ground in French

How much small??? i'm only 1,48m:RollEyes:... do you think it is small enough:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back