Dumfries Guid Nychburris & Aviation Museum 15 to 18 June 2018 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Gerry, we are still planning to arrive Thursday mid to late afternoon as per my earlier post and are are more than happy to muck in on setting up if that's ok and you could do with the help.

We are also at Girvan if you need our help ???? Flt rules (y)(y):):)

Both are welcome to turn up on Thursday, I'll be there from roughly 2pm

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Plus if you arrive early you can make sure you get as far away as possible from @old-mo :)
Oh thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It saves my whole weekend being spoiled, oh thank you :notworthy2::notworthy2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Minxy Girl sorry for the short notice are you still interested in coming to Dumfries
I suspect not as we've had some 'fun and games' at home, but I'll have a chat to hubby shortly and let you know.

Mel

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@lorger ... sorry won't be able to make it ... still having 'fun' with our new camper :( and our old one is being collected on Monday. (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello Gerry, like you I have been out to work today :(

But hope to be bringing good news on that front and plenty of alcohol to the weekend :):):):)

We are setting off from home, 200 miles I think, so 14:00 works very well for us, will try and turn up at same time as you (y)

Get these shelters up, then Chinese as soon as complete, well once I have erected out awning as well at least, should be on the pop by 4 :)(y)

This weekend is just what we need right now looking forward to meeting a few newbies (new to us that is) and hopefully avoiding a few we already know :LOL::LOL:

See you Thursday (y)

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Just watching the end of the world weather forecast for tomorrow, morning mainly by the look of it :(

Will need to review our route up and may not get there for 14:00, but TBH cant see us putting much up till later if they are right about the wind and rain, 50mph + winds through the day and heavy rain

Anybody else travelling up from the east of the country watch your option for crossing the pennines, they could be limited, think we will do A1 - A69 but will take longer

Anybody coming from the south up the M6 be very careful over Shap

Stay safe those already there in it and the rest of us travelling in it, any wild campers maybe avoid the trees tonight (y)

Last edited:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
They're on their way!

20180613_120941.jpg

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Popped out to the Museum today and everything is set and ready to go, they have said they have no issues with a few folk arriving on Thursday. The list below is those who intimated they would like to arrive Thursday if I've missed anyone please accept my apologies and just let me know your coming on Thursday.

I should be at the Museum around 2 pm so access will be from then onward, if anyone is planning on arriving after 6pm can you let me know and I'll PM you the combination for the lock as we might be out watching the ride out.

@DavidG58
@IanF
@MicknMew
@Neilfg
@DIL7983
@irnbru x 2
@DP_JAY
@CCC
@REKERLY
@davejen
@Badknee
@tick59
@Debs
@Al-Di

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Popped out to the Museum today and everything is set and ready to go, they have said they have no issues with a few folk arriving on Thursday. The list below is those who intimated they would like to arrive Thursday if I've missed anyone please accept my apologies and just let me know your coming on Thursday.

I should be at the Museum around 2 pm so access will be from then onward, if anyone is planning on arriving after 6pm can you let me know and I'll PM you the combination for the lock as we might be out watching the ride out.

@DavidG58
@IanF
@MicknMew
@Neilfg
@DIL7983
@irnbru x 2
@DP_JAY
@CCC
@REKERLY
@davejen
@Badknee
@tick59
@Debs

Think you okd @Al-Di last night after Badknee Gerry?(y)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Everyone who is interested in the Ghost walk it has been booked for 8pm Friday at the Plainstanes in the town center, there is a bus leaves around 7.25pm and takes 10 mins to get in to town. If you can make sure your at the museum before 7 so we have time to get there that would be great, another option is to get a taxi for 4 people as it will cost less than 4 on the bus.

The museum have installed 4 EHU for emergency use so if anyone needs to recharge their battery your free to use these but please don't abuse them.

If anyone would like to bring along any sort of entertainment system for the event shelters then please do as we can use the hook up for that.

We have a couple of shops with in walking distance of the museum for anything you need, however I would recommend getting your main shopping before arriving. If anyone would like some local produce I can highly recommend Kilnford Farm just off the A75 for top quality butcher meet, we also have Houstons the Butcher who is the world champion Haggis maker :). if anyone would like anything I dont mind popping round tomorrow and buying it fr you.

I think i have just about covered everything but if you have any questions or queries please get in touch.

1, @CWH ,Paid Interested in walk
2, @irnbru , Paid
3, @Stewart J ,Paid
4, @Al-Di , Paid
5, @Debs ,Paid
6, @Puddleduck , Paid
7, @Neilfg , Paid
8, @old-mo ,Paid
9, @Badknee ,Paid
10, @IanF , Paid
11, @Brendan , Saturday ? Paid
13, @MicknMew, Paid
14, @patricia the newbie, Paid, interested in walk
15, @DIL7983, Paid
16, @alex n, Paid
17, @Polar bear, Paid, interested in walk
18, @mitzimad
19, @CCC, Paid
20, @icantremember
21, @funflair , Paid, interested in walk
22, @tick59 ,Paid, interested in walk if hip is up to it.
23, @hoot007 , Paid, interested in walk
24, @Elleeanne, Paid, interested in walk
25, @RidersofRohan, Paid
26, @TUCANO, Paid
27, @tjay, Paid
28, @Jagtazman, Paid, interested in walk
29, @REKERLY , Paid, interested in walk
30, @milliethehymer ,Paid, interested in walk
31, @pablomc Paid
32, @DP_JAY , Paid
33, @DavidG58 , Paid, interested in walk
34, @berni109 , Paid, interested in walk

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Sorry Gerry we ain’t going to make it Thursday as intended. We will be there all being well Friday morning.
If the walk is Friday we are still interested.
Rex

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry Gerry we ain’t going to make it Thursday as intended. We will be there all being well Friday morning.
If the walk is Friday we are still interested.
Rex
Yes walk is Friday night.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Great about the EHU Gerry. We will be okay if the weather is co-operating but if not might need to make use of it as need the battery overnight for Martin's machine.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Great about the EHU Gerry. We will be okay if the weather is co-operating but if not might need to make use of it as need the battery overnight for Martin's machine.
I'll try and keep you a space close to it, if not we can join a couple of leads together for you.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Gerry any local taxi firms operating mini buses could be an option for the events if any interest amongst attendees one could be booked in advance. Just a thought.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Gerry any local taxi firms operating mini buses could be an option for the events if any interest amongst attendees one could be booked in advance. Just a thought.
What did we agree on dogs? If taxi need one that would take dogs

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Stewart you must be a mind reader as I'm currently looking at that option.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
What did we agree on dogs? If taxi need one that would take dogs

Dogs are allowed on the walk as long as they are well behaved, every taxi company has their own rules but I cant see it being a problem. The main problem I see is getting in to a pub together if folk are planning on going for a pint or two, I also cant see it being a major problem on the bus again if their well behaved. We will be leaving our dog in the van as he's a pain in the a**e if no one pays him any attention plus he's barred from most of the pubs in town :)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Ok folks I'm now looking for a definite answer to whether your doing the ghost walk or not, the guides are looking for numbers so they know how many guides we need. I have also spoke with a couple of taxi/minibus companies about transport from the museum to town, they have recommended booking no later than Friday morning so we can guarantee our pick-up. I have asked them about Dogs and the reply was that drivers will take dogs depending on their size/breed and how many we have. We would just need to split the dogs between cars, the rough price I'm being quoted is £6.50 for 4 passengers and around £8 for 6 passengers. so not far off £1.50 per head and the bus is around £1.70.

you would have to be at the museum no later than 7pm on Friday

If everyone who's interested could please let me know no later than Thursday night that would be great.

1, @CWH ,Paid Interested in walk
2, @irnbru , Paid
3, @Stewart J ,Paid
4, @Al-Di , Paid
5, @Debs ,Paid
6, @Puddleduck , Paid
7, @Neilfg , Paid
8, @old-mo ,Paid
9, @Badknee ,Paid
10, @IanF , Paid
11, @Brendan , Saturday ? Paid
12, @irnbru
13, @MicknMew, Paid
14, @patricia the newbie, Paid, interested in walk
15, @DIL7983, Paid
16, @alex n, Paid
17, @Polar bear, Paid, interested in walk
18, @mitzimad
19, @CCC, Paid
20, @icantremember
21, @funflair , Paid, interested in walk
22, @tick59 ,Paid, interested in walk if hip is up to it.
23, @hoot007 , Paid, interested in walk
24, @Elleeanne, Paid, interested in walk
25, @RidersofRohan, Paid
26, @TUCANO, Paid
27, @tjay, Paid
28, @Jagtazman, Paid, interested in walk
29, @REKERLY , Paid, interested in walk
30, @milliethehymer ,Paid, interested in walk
31, @pablomc Paid
32, @DP_JAY , Paid
33, @DavidG58 , Paid, interested in walk
34, @berni109 , Paid, interested in walk

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We will be leaving our dog in the van as he's a pain in the a**e if no one pays him any attention plus he's barred from most of the pubs in town :)

I am willing to sit in your van and cuddle your dog :)

No for the walk from us btw.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
No walk for the Badknees thanks. We've got bad knees donchaknow :confused: