Seychelles ? (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,

Has anyone on here been or suggest an better alternative?
(not motorhome related I know).

It is on my Bucket list.

Flay From Manchester with a Middle Eastern Connection (emirates,etihad,qatar)?. Or......

Travel to London and Fly Direct on the 787 Dreamliner?

TM

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,

Has anyone on here been or suggest an better alternative?
(not motorhome related I know).

It is on my Bucket list.

Flay From Manchester with a Middle Eastern Connection (emirates,etihad,qatar)?. Or......

Travel to London and Fly Direct on the 787 Dreamliner?

TM

Trev

I can contribute, as I had an interesting visit there, but it is 2230 here and I am off to dreamland, so maybe tomorrow.

Geoff

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Trev

On the thread I will stick to what is pertinent to your quest for information for your decisions. If I have time I will relate the interesting time there in a PM to you.

The islands are certainly a very attractive tropical destination - very lush with excellent beaches. i was only on the main island of Mahe, but from reading I think Bird Island and Paradise would be worth a visit. If you want to do that it might be as well to look for a 2/3 centre package as travel between them can be a bit expensive.

I personally would not stay in one of the expensive hotel complexes as there are lots of places to visit even on the main island, so choosing a mid-market hotel, hiring a car and travelling out most days would be a plan.

The Seychellois people are delightful, if tourism has not spoilt them. There are colourful local markets in Victoria, with many spices on sale.

As far as other destinations are concerned, there are Maldives, Mauritius, Sri Lanka.

Maldives has the disadvantage that it is a group of atolls with one hotel complex on each so when one has been transferred to the one you choose you are more or less confined there and at the mercy of their charges, which seem to be quite high foe wine etc.

Mauritius would seem to be a viable alternative but a much longer flight. I researched it quite a bit and there are some good beach-side hotels and a great variety of cuisines.
Sri Lanka is on my list. Of course it is much bigger and has more variety with interesting toens in the hills and a quaint old railway running up through the tea plantations to Kandi. I am not up to speed on the security situation, but when I was the problems seemed to be confined to Colombo.

I hope this all helps, Trev.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Trev

On the thread I will stick to what is pertinent to your quest for information for your decisions. If I have time I will relate the interesting time there in a PM to you.

The islands are certainly a very attractive tropical destination - very lush with excellent beaches. i was only on the main island of Mahe, but from reading I think Bird Island and Paradise would be worth a visit. If you want to do that it might be as well to look for a 2/3 centre package as travel between them can be a bit expensive.

I personally would not stay in one of the expensive hotel complexes as there are lots of places to visit even on the main island, so choosing a mid-market hotel, hiring a car and travelling out most days would be a plan.

The Seychellois people are delightful, if tourism has not spoilt them. There are colourful local markets in Victoria, with many spices on sale.

As far as other destinations are concerned, there are Maldives, Mauritius, Sri Lanka.

Maldives has the disadvantage that it is a group of atolls with one hotel complex on each so when one has been transferred to the one you choose you are more or less confined there and at the mercy of their charges, which seem to be quite high foe wine etc.

Mauritius would seem to be a viable alternative but a much longer flight. I researched it quite a bit and there are some good beach-side hotels and a great variety of cuisines.
Sri Lanka is on my list. Of course it is much bigger and has more variety with interesting toens in the hills and a quaint old railway running up through the tea plantations to Kandi. I am not up to speed on the security situation, but when I was the problems seemed to be confined to Colombo.

I hope this all helps, Trev.

Geoff

I look forward to a PM

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back