Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Sorry, I must be missing something but I have never been able to see the point of Facebook,Bebo et al.
Are they places to boast to the world over where you have been and what you have done?
Or perhaps to try and convince the world that you are a truly hip happening kind of person?
Ok thats me given my age bracket away.
Personally I prefer that old fashioned tool (telephone) or even email or as a last resort a couple of pints with my mates in a cosy pub.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sorry, I must be missing something but I have never been able to see the point of Facebook,

I'm also an 'auld codger' and I'm not trying to convince the world that I am a truly hip happening kind of person, but find it invaluable for keeping in touch with friends and family..

I have a sons in Canada, S Africa, Scotland and closer to home, Essex and Kent ( we live in Suffolk )

I also use it for family research, I found the grandson of a great uncle now living in Canada also distant cousins in Australia , all through Facebook ..

So , not only is it a great way of keeping in touch, sharing pictures, videos, and live chatting it is a useful research tool

But.. like most web technologies it has vulnerabilities which people should be aware of..

hence my post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I'm also an 'auld codger' and I'm not trying to convince the world that I am a truly hip happening kind of person, but find it invaluable for keeping in touch with friends and family..

I have a sons in Canada, S Africa, Scotland and closer to home, Essex and Kent ( we live in Suffolkk )

I also use it for family research, I found the grandson of a great uncle now living in Canada also distant cousins in Australia , all through Facebook ..

So , not only is it a great way of keeping in touch, sharing pictures, videos, and live chatting it is a useful research tool

But.. like most web technologies it has vulnerabilities which people should be aware of..

hence my post
Thanks Jim,
Consider knuckles rapped. Perhaps I should investigate a bit further before jumping in !! :Smile:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks Jim,
Consider knuckles rapped. Perhaps I should investigate a bit further before jumping in !! :Smile:

I used to be of the same opinion until Jan showed me her account, then I saw the benefits , and I agree the pub is without question a great meeting place.. :thumb:

I guess Facebook and others are like cyber pubs.. just without booze :roflmto:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the kids in our house call this site motorhome facebook.
when their friends come they tell everybody .
alans on m,home facebook even the pub knows .
cheers alan.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
The Senior partner, who's been on the internet since about 1903 (but not reading this, at least yet) agrees with Alan. I agree with Jim, it's safer...

Never done Facebook - if you ever saw my face, you'd see why. And watch it with the ancestors, Jim - I gather it costs at least ten times to hush up what you pay to dig up!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back