LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
OFF to Mapplethorpe to morrow for 2 days staying on haven site cost a £1 a night::bigsmile:

have great time, but don't put mapplethorpe in your sat nav, think you mean mablethorpe (lincolnshire coast)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Don't like to burst your bubble, but our daughter got a bargain break on a Haven site at
Great Yarmouth a couple of years ago and the vans were parked so close along with tents, there wasn't enough room for them to leave on the Sunday afternoon until a tent was moved out of their way.
Hope you do not experience the same problem and have a good break away.

Nigel and Pamala

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
I hope you have a better week than we did.

We went there the week before Easter it rained all week we got stuck twice and had to be towed out by a tractor as did many other motorhomers.

The field that we were parked on was nothing but mud and puddles as was the rest of the the camp.

I went to use the showers and the water was cold and no hooks to hang your clothes on and nowhere to put the soap and shampoo except on the floor.

But on the bright side we made the most of it and had a reasonably good time, the beach is brilliant you can walk for miles our grandson Ben and Sophie our dog loved it.

The weather should be better when you go and the site should have dried out but for a £1.00 a night you can't grumble.
BUT Don't forget to take your waterproof just in case:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

billy

sirhandel

Free Member
Nov 28, 2008
Chippenham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A quid a night? Wow that's cheap. We go to Mablethorpe regularly as my aged parents live there. We stay on the C&CC site on Church Lane but it's £15 a night and quite a trek from the town/seafront so we take a Smart car on a trailer. The weather is always iffy - even if there's a heatwave in the rest of the UK, Mablethorpe will be 10 degrees cooler! However if you've got kids or grandkids the beach is fantastic - great sand for sandcastles and gentle sea (but coooold).

traveller

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
We too were on that quagmire of a field up to Good Friday. We parked near the edge with getting off easy in mind. They came round half way through our 4 day stay and put red tape around the perimeter meaning we would have to reverse out of a tight spot and drive cross the mucky flooded field to get off .Needless to say we had to be towed off over the red tape. I pity any that were due on that field over easter.

Have a good time though as I think weatherwise it should now be much better

Traveller

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I can't see the sea at Mabo

Don't forget to take a telescope so you can see the sea :roflmto:

first5

Free Member
Apr 11, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
Funster No
Exp
Was there mid April. Site was tidy and ground was firm. Pitches are marked but there was plenty of room. Shower block was nice and clean and showers warm enough. If you are into course fishing there are a couple of small lakes there which are very popular with 'professional anglers'. Seem well stocked as well, one chap caught a 4lb11oz 'greenus fishiesh'! Didn't use the leisure facilities but they seemed okay. We paid £4 a night and it was certainly worth the money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back