Good stuff for mending/replacing broken parts (1 Viewer)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
This is excellent for making replacement broken bits

Link Removed

Polymorph Thermoplastic 100g [Polymorph-1] £1.72
Polymorph Thermoplastic Granules. A fantastic invention, a miriad of uses. Able to make impressions of non undercut relief shapes to make basic self supporting moulds as well as to be used in Push Moulds or indeed manually shaped by hands. Simply drop into very hot water, over 65 clesius, allow to melt (the granules will become clear) and remove. Use caution when handling right out of the water, the product can scald you when this hot. However it stays supple for a while and soon becomes handleable.
Once made into the desired object simply allow to cool. The plastic will return white and can be used for its intended purpose. Ploymorph is strong (a tensile strength of 580kg/m!), not at all brittle and can be carved, sanded, machined.......however this product is known under several brand names such as ODO HMP and Jet-Set.
We have customers that have used this product in the following areas:
<LI class=main>Mini Moulds for casting RTV Silicone in minutes! <LI class=main>Handled caps for screw to bottles and jars for easy opening <LI class=main>Prototyping & Engineering Components <LI class=main>Mounts for RC motor drives and gearboxes <LI class=main>Modeling Animals and General Creativity <LI class=main>Fishing Tackle Rig & Fly Ties <LI class=main>Fast Set Adhesive <LI class=main>Replacement RC Model Parts <LI class=main>Remake Injection Moulded Parts <LI class=main>Repair for Tools & Handles that have broken Wrist and Thumb Supports
Link Removed

Peter

Biker

Free Member
Apr 10, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
Exp
Yes brilliant stuff, first bought some from QVC about ten years ago, forgotten the amount of things I’ve used it for and repaired things for other people, well worth keeping on board, just don’t melt it in her best saucepan.

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
This sounds good, would I be able to mould it onto a wheel arch like plastic padding or is that going a bit too far? if I can would I be able to pay and get it mail order from Johns Cross on line shop?
kennygd:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I used it recently to remodel two nylon bearings for the rear roller on my lawnmower, they had worn into an elongated shape, worked a treat ..

Also used it to make a winding handle for a roof light in the RV..

Don't understand the comment about not using the best saucepans.. for small amounts I use a coffee mug, doesn't make a mess or stick to the mug.

I wouldn't recommend it for body repair or filling, not really meant for that, better to use fiberglass or body filler

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sounds like great stuff...

Sorry to bit a bit thick... but can it be reused or once you have moulded is that it?

JJ

Hi JJ

yes, you can reuse as often as you want, so there is no waste ..

just pop it back into hot water at about 65c

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
This sounds good, would I be able to mould it onto a wheel arch like plastic padding or is that going a bit too far? if I can would I be able to pay and get it mail order from Johns Cross on line shop?
kennygd:thumb:

Its only for making parts, and sorry we dont sell it, I just found it a couple of years ago and keep a coffee jar full at home for odd jobs etc

Peter

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
That's a good price Peter...

Maplins sell it but it is a LOT more expensive.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Maybe I should use it to make myself a mold for a new set of dentures as the one the dentist have made for me bear no reference to my teeth!!!

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back