help can't pull toilet cassett out (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Light came on toilet cassett so went to open outside toilet door and tried to pull cassett out to empty but cassett just would not slide out. Thought cassett might be too full so mopped out (5 to 10 litre) fluid from hole through toilet seat (not a present job) but cassett till would not slide. Anyone can help please I am new to this I have only empty the cassett once before and it slided out no problem Thanks in advance

OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
yes, just checked again cassett would only lift slightly (from outside)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Just check under the pull handle is there a yellow lever catch that holds the cassette in, there is on mine just a thought:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
As you take hold of the main hand grip, put your fingers under near the bottom and you will find there is a lever you lift to release the cassette. Sorry if this sounds basic but you did say you were new. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Thanks everyone, how stupid of me I did not push the yellow tap to relieve the lock Should have asked before starting mopping up the liquid from the hole !!!!
There you go for senior moment> thanks all of you

XXXX as i was emptying the contains I have a leak coming out from the top of cassett via a small rectangular hole approx 3mm x 6mm Is this normal or have I got something missing???

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Not sure about the hole but it should not leak. Sometimes there is a small amount of water under the slide if someone has flushed and left it open long enough to drain the loo. :Eeek:

Bet you won't forget that lever again in a hurry. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry couldn't resist. :Doh:

JAY KAY

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Shotgate, Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
15+
XXXX as i was emptying the contains I have a leak coming out from the top of cassett via a small rectangular hole approx 3mm x 6mm Is this normal or have I got something missing???

This is a breather and tends to leak when tank is nearly full, best to empty cassette daily.

John

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
This is a breather and tends to leak when tank is nearly full, best to empty cassette daily.

John

Not really, just take care and mind the light.

Use bio washing tablets and then you'll cut costs and you can 'dump' in toilets in small villages without upsetting the 'BIOS' in their cess tanks.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
He means to keep an eye on the light and empty as soon as it comes on. Personally I empty every day as I don't fancy getting up in the middle of the night to do it. :Eeek:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
a tip I think I read on here is, if touring and worrying a bit re emptying, fill an empty detergent/cleaner spray bottle with water, and instead of using loads of water to flush just use spray.......:winky:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
He means to keep an eye on the light and empty as soon as it comes on. Personally I empty every day as I don't fancy getting up in the middle of the night to do it. :Eeek:

Watching for the light to see if the cassette is full can be problematic, failure of the indicator light is a very common problem, instead I recommend using a torch and LOOKING!!!

Doug...

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Not really, just take care and mind the light.

Use bio washing tablets and then you'll cut costs and you can 'dump' in toilets in small villages without upsetting the 'BIOS' in their cess tanks.

Bio washing tabs, instead of the normal elsan fluid? I use the green organic fluid now but do you use washing tabs instead because that would save me a lot if you could?

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
For future reference if your cassette is stuck and over full the way to overcome this is by unfolding the spout and hold a bucket underneath and remove the yellow(?) cap.
Excess content will then drain straight into the bucket and is a much easier and pleasanter (?) job.

Denny

Free Member
Mar 26, 2008
UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since May 2008
Sorry to admit it but this ' Back To Basics' post really made me smile !
Thanks for that.
Denny. :Smile:

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Bio washing tabs, instead of the normal elsan fluid? I use the green organic fluid now but do you use washing tabs instead because that would save me a lot if you could?

Think you can use various types of bio - we've been using cheapo Sainsburys own bio washing liquid (half cassette capful per use), works very well. Certainly won't be going back to very expensive Thetford/Elsan products :Smile:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
its nice to see a post like this .it reminds us all that we all have been there .
how about telling us all the daft things we have done when new to motorhomes
we have drove of with electric still connected to van .dropped the cassette cap down a man hole that was fun with a bit of wire fishing it out of a six foot hole :cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back