Very good site (2 Viewers)

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
The weather next week is goimg to warm up and i have decided to visit the attached site..if anyone is interested in joining us you will be made very welcome..from ourselves and the owners...hope you can make it...OH! and bring a rod because they have Carp up to 25lb and Tench up to 8lb....Tight Lines...Dave

http://www.woodfarmcaravanandcamping.co.uk/

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi Dave,

Looks a great site. I have just spoken to Leigh and booked on from Thursday 20 May through toTuesday 25 May.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Robert

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Hi Dave,

Looks a great site. I have just spoken to Leigh and booked on from Thursday 20 May through toTuesday 25 May.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Robert

We are booked Sunday 16th May-Friday 21st May..because her indoors works on a Saturday...can you not get there before Thursday?..Dave

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi Dave,

Arriving Thursday as I have babysitting duties to do on Wednesday! The joys of retiring early and moving back closer to the family.

It will give you time though to find the best pegs and bait them up for me to use.::bigsmile:

See you Thursday.

Robert

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Hi Dave,

Arriving Thursday as I have babysitting duties to do on Wednesday! The joys of retiring early and moving back closer to the family.

It will give you time though to find the best pegs and bait them up for me to use.::bigsmile:

See you Thursday.

Robert

I know the feeling mate with 9 granchildren and 2 great granchildren...worse than bloody rabbits..thats why i want LINKS put on the van...if they ask it's LOW INCOME NO KIDS.
Speaking to the owners on site normal baits work i.e maggots/worms/sweetcorn..those i shall take along with groundbait/pellets(various flavours) luncheon meat/paste/shrimps/mussels/bread/floating dog biscuit...Method seems to be waggler or pole....safe journey...see you Thursday...Dave

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
I know the feeling mate with 9 granchildren and 2 great granchildren...worse than bloody rabbits..thats why i want LINKS put on the van...if they ask it's LOW INCOME NO KIDS.
Speaking to the owners on site normal baits work i.e maggots/worms/sweetcorn..those i shall take along with groundbait/pellets(various flavours) luncheon meat/paste/shrimps/mussels/bread/floating dog biscuit...Method seems to be waggler or pole....safe journey...see you Thursday...Dave

:ROFLMAO: Now that's a barbecue :ROFLMAO:

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Just got back from Woodfarm. Owners Mark and Leigh are a delight, always ready to help if any needed.

The site is beautifully looked after, Leigh sweeps and cleans the toilets at least three times a day.

I was parked about 3m. from the lake and had an excellent corner swim. I caught carp every day and 3 tench on floating bread crust. I told Mark his tench had an identity crisis, they thought they were carp, as usually tench are bottom feeders.

All this including electric hook-up and free fishing for £15 a night.

Thanks Dave for recommending the site.

Robert

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Glad you enjoyed your stay there Robert and must say to everone that this site is definatly worth a visit for anyone wanting peace/quiet/walks and of course fishing as you can see from the pics.It was nice to meet up with another member from the forum and talk about similar interests...even if the fish i caught were bigger than Roberts:ROFLMAO:..The genaral cleanliness and up keep of the site was excellent i will certainly be returning later on in the year....Dave

"Link Removed"

"Link Removed"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back